trailers

Help each other out

trailers

Postby howie on Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:53 pm

please could somebody help me with the trailers command line i am struggeling getting my head round it. the old posts about it seem a bit conflicting and hard to understand. i will tell you what i have got. i have a server with some ripped dvds on a drive that is mapped letter p the films have a title and are in a VIDEO_TS folder. my trailers are also on the same drive and also have a title folder and video_ts folder. the films and trailers run ok seperatly but i dont seem to be writing the correct info in the command line to make the trailer run first then the movie. also what happens if i want to run a trailer before putting a film in the dvd drive. thanks in advance.
howie

Postby slim31 on Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:37 pm

Which DVD software are you running?

The trailers are not required to be in a video_ts subfolder. They can simply be in p:\trailers\

If you are using Zoomplayer the trailers will work fine as long as you tell xlobby in the setup "F2" where they are. If you want them to run also simply using zoomplayer you must edit the file named "default.trailers" in the directory where zoomplayer is running from. Just open the file using notepad.

If you are using WinDVD I do not think that the trailers feature is supported as the original program does not support it.

Hope this helps.
slim31

Postby howie on Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:24 pm

grrrrr sorry i am using theatertek
howie

Postby stevenhanna6 on Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:03 pm

but i dont seem to be writing the correct info in the command line to make the trailer run first then the movie

dont touch the command line box..leave it blank, xlobby knows what to do for theatertek and zoomplayer.

for trailers should be something like

C:\dvdtrailers\trailer1\video_ts
C:\dvdtrailers\trailer2\video_ts
C:\dvdtrailers\trailer3\video_ts

and you should point to the c:\dvdtrailers\ as your trailers directory.

That being said I cant test it right now....so it is possible I broke the trailer functionality somewhere...but I dont think I did.
stevenhanna6

Postby gravy on Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:39 am

Do we have the ability to turn on/off trailers?
gravy

Postby howie on Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:40 pm

got it now thanks.
howie

Postby stevenhanna6 on Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:56 pm

gravy, No not yet, I had made a "Trailers" button to toggle them on and off just never got around to coding it. I will put it on my list though since its not to hard to do.
stevenhanna6

Postby gravy on Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:27 pm

stevenhanna6 wrote:gravy, No not yet, I had made a "Trailers" button to toggle them on and off just never got around to coding it. I will put it on my list though since its not to hard to do.

Thanks Stephen - I thought I saw it there before... :)
gravy

Postby ddiv on Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:15 am

I tried this and it jsut goes straight to the movie...my structure is as above and Im using theatertek...In each video_ts folder there is the VTS_01_1.VOB file of the demo but no .ifo file. Does there need to be one? I tried creating a new ifo file in IFOedit, but it crashes on me :( Any suggestions?
ddiv