Apple Movie Trailers Import Utility - Updated v3.4 - 6/01/08

Xlobby plugin development

v3.0 UPDATE - Big Changes!

Postby tswhite70 on Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:42 pm

Finally releasing an update, I've been working on it for quite a while so hopefully folks will enjoy it! Here's the highlights, see first post for examples and download links...

v3.0 Highlights/Changes - Updated 02/17/2007:
    - XML Schema change - DELETE your old trailers db before running the new version
    - Coverart default location has been changed to Xlobby\covers; delete your old covers directory if located in Xlobby\Plugins or move it to Xlobby root
    - /size= variable for HD trailer links changed to "HD 480", "HD 720", and "HD 1080";
    - Size code fixed to link to the largest available trailer up to the SIZE specified; or if only 1 trailer available, to that trailer, regardless of size;
    - /newonly option removed;
    - Updates are now incremental by default based on "iTunesURL" value;
    - Incremental update will remove trailers that no longer exist at Itunes and have not been downloaded;
    - ISNEW field added - set to True for each new trailer discovered;
    - /isnew option added: "/isnew" Updates ISNEW value to "False" for previously imported trailers - default is disabled;
    - /full option added: Forces update of all HTTP based trailers;
    - /download option added: "/download=%categoryname>parameter%" Download the trailer and update the database;
    - /dlpath download directory option added: "/dlpath=directory" sets the trailer download directory - default is Xlobby\covers;
    - OFFLINE field added - set to "True" for all new trailers; /download option will update this value to "False";

good luck,
tsw
Last edited by tswhite70 on Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tswhite70

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:56 pm

WOW :shock:

Good work!! im very excited about this...

Today seems to be great pluginwise :D
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby dalanik on Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:20 pm

Cool!

Now, I don't wanna be ungrateful :-) , but how hard can it be to wrap-pack this program into a real XLobby plugin? It would then be much easier to use, and the dos-window output could be available through plugin variable to be displayed in XLobby while it's working (downloading)....

I'd do it if I only knew c#... :-( and I'd hate to have to learn ANOTHER p/l.... :-)

Just consider the idea!! :-)

D.
dalanik

Postby tswhite70 on Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:32 pm

dalanik - Implementing as a real plugin is next on the agenda. I know I've said that before, but this time I think I've gotten all the functionality/processing updates completed that were needed. Of course I've never done a real plugin so it will be a learning experience for me. With that said, I really need to finish the improvements on the InTheaters code before updating this one again - hate to neglect one for the other...

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:14 pm

Really good work once again. I especially like new incremential runs, and possibility to download trailer.

Im not sure though if making it "real" plugin would actually be worthwile. Sure its not probably big deal... but if it doesnt add value its just waste of time.

I really fail to see how seeing the update status within xlobby would add any value... i would suppose that is something u really dont want to watch :)

And finally id like to suggest that mayby there could be somekind of organization within database... its awfully large flat base now when u download all the trailers. One option which feels quite natural would be divide trailers to subcategories acording to studios since that seems to be approach it is using while fetching... well im sure there are other possibilities too... ofcourse this should be optional, mayby somebody prefers flatcat without any organization...

EDIT: dont get me wrong though... im all favor of plugin as soon as somebody comes up with idea, which would really benefit from the fact that app is actually plugin.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby dalanik on Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:57 pm

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:Im not sure though if making it "real" plugin would actually be worthwile. Sure its not probably big deal... but if it doesnt add value its just waste of time.

I really fail to see how seeing the update status within xlobby would add any value... i would suppose that is something u really dont want to watch :)

Matter of opinion. Following that login, you don't need pictures or music import status as well, but it's still there. And you can update the category once it finishes, this way you don't know what's going on, whether it's working at all and when it will finish.

D.
dalanik

Updated v3.1 - 03/03/2007

Postby tswhite70 on Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:36 am

v3.1 Highlights/Changes - Updated 3/03/2007:
- Fixed an indexing problem with old trailer cleanup.
- Updated GENRE field to support filtering

See first post for download links...

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Updated v3.2 - 09/01/2007

Postby tswhite70 on Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:43 pm

v3.2 Highlights/Changes - Updated 9/01/2007:
- Updated trailers regex to match Itunes back end change.

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Updated v3.4 - 06/01/2008

Postby tswhite70 on Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:20 pm

v3.4 Highlights/Changes - Updated 06/01/2008:
- Updated trailers regex to match Itunes back end change.
- Parsing trailers by Genre now instead of Studio, adds a couple hundred trailers that were previously being missed.

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Previous