server and client questions

Help each other out

server and client questions

Postby edgley on Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:00 pm

Hi,

I have server and client working, but...

+ The menu picture on the server doesnt changed when I click on a new item, say music on the client. It does on the client, I can choose, it plays, I hear.

+ When I fire a movie off my disk, it plays on the server, but there are no play controls on the client.

Thanks,

simon.
edgley

Re: server and client questions

Postby Cooch on Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:33 pm

edgley wrote:Hi,

I have server and client working, but...

+ The menu picture on the server doesnt changed when I click on a new item, say music on the client. It does on the client, I can choose, it plays, I hear.

+ When I fire a movie off my disk, it plays on the server, but there are no play controls on the client.

Thanks,

simon.

The picture on the server is not supposed to change. Xlobby can be controlled by multiple clients simultaneously. So a client in the kitchen could control the audio in that zone while a client in the den is controlling the audio in that zone.

I am not sure about your second question. Just make a screen with controls that control the server. When you launch the movie switch to that screen automatically, when the movie ends the screen will switch to whatever screen you setup in the end event on the file types tab.
Cooch

Postby edgley on Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:46 pm

thanks.

I did wonder if the screen changing was for multiple users.

Will try to add some buttons.
edgley

Postby Twit on Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:50 am

I don't use client/server but have always thought that the 'mimic' button switched the server on/off to react to the client screen.

If mimic is on and you go to the ppcsomething.xml screen then the server jumps to the something.xml screen.

Later
Simon(also)
Twit

Postby chadwolcott on Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:36 pm

Twit is correct, that is the intent of the mimic button. With mimic enabled the client and server should be on the same screen. You can enable this by default by adding a mimic command to the "at startup toggle" event in the startup group.
chadwolcott