"play next" button? and some Jukebox screenshots

Help each other out

"play next" button? and some Jukebox screenshots

Postby marque on Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:20 pm

Is it posible to make an "play next" button or actually an switch just like "que"and "Play", so the track i select will play after the now playing track and will not end up at the bottom of the play list. :?

I also would like the playlist and the search results to show not only the trackname but the artist as well in the format %position - %trackname - %artist. Anybody have an solution :?:

At last, I have made an nice (I hope :( ) Jukebox with everything on one screen (albums, tracks and playlist and some overlays for search and saved playlists) and i would like to share some screenshots and the files with everyone how likes it. Is there an way to upload them?

Thanks in advance :!:

NeW-BeE-Skinning Marque
Last edited by marque on Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marque

Postby Colby on Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:40 pm

welcome aboard marque,

You cant make a que>to>#2 button, as far as I know. You could use playlist move buttons to reorder your playlist once its added however.

if you want the playlist to display the artist and the format, you would need variables for this. you input these variables in the category display line of the selected playlist. %position% %artist% - %trackname%- %format% would display what you say. Assuming you have a format variable in the database. It may be easier to just put %position% %parameter% and relabel your files.

If you want to upload some screenshots you will need webspace to upload them to. Xlobby.com doesnt just give away webspace for everyone to upload pics. If you have a finished skin however you can upload that and have it hosted. IF you want I will gladly post your pics on here through my web, just email me with them attached. mailto:xlobby@incolby.com
Colby

Postby marque on Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:59 am

Thanks colby,

The skin i made is only used to play music and not the movies and other stuff, its based on the heavy metal skin and like i sayed its all on one screen. i send you some pics and you can see it your self.

greets.
marque

Postby andyh on Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:01 pm

I'd love to see your new skin too. I was just about to start on building a one screen skin for playing recorded radio programs, but if you've done it already that might be a waste of time.

Andrew
andyh

Postby marque on Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:28 pm

its a skin made for touchscreen and it looks like the programs you see in bars and pubs
marque

Postby Colby on Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:50 pm

marque's screens

Colby

Postby marque on Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:07 pm

thanks for uploading!
marque

Postby andyh on Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:53 pm

Thanks to both of you for posting those screen shots. Just out of interest what resolution did you design it for? I'm using a touch screen as well, but it's only an 8" one and it looks like the text on your interface would be too small to read.

Andrew

PS Any chance of trying your skin?
andyh

Postby marque on Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:28 am

Its designed for 15" @ 800x600. Changing text size isnt any problem but 8" is very smal :( . Are you using it in you car?

I'll be glad to email it you, but you need the buttons of the heavy metal skin because they are to big to mail (+/- 5Mb) and i have no webspace my self :cry: , just send me an email with your adres.
marque

Postby andyh on Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:15 pm

Actually I want to use it for a whole house audio system - I've an 8" touchscreen primarily because of cost but also size constraints.

I decided to give it a go myself; here's what I've come up with so far (borrowing buttons etc. from the Jowaldo skin and maybe others). It's designed for 1024x768 but with nice big fonts. I might do some variations with nearly all the screen showing the track listings, or nearly all the screen the playlist. Or I might try putting them on separate screens.

andyh