Is Beyond Media Dead?

Speak your mind

Is Beyond Media Dead?

Postby cfaslave on Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:40 pm

If you haven't already read it, a very interesting thread regarding Snapstream's Beyond Media can be found here:

Especially of note are the posts by Rakesh who is the CEO of Snapstream. Based on their lack of support of Beyond Media, one of the most active plugin writers has abandoned the software and pulled his plugins. A post about this is at the end of that thread here:
http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/showthread.php?p=204099#post204099

Very sad news. There has been talk of Snapstream releasing Beyond Media to open source, but nothing has come of that thus far.

I and many other Beyond Media users are looking at alternatives. So far, I'm seriously looking at Media Portal, Xlobby and possibly TVedia. It worries me to see Meedio and Beyond Media fail, but my hope remains that open source alternative will provide as good if not better software and support in the end.
Brent
cfaslave

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:48 pm

Ok, now its time to stop searching and start building. U have already found what u want. 8)
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby abobader on Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:26 am

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:Ok, now its time to stop searching and start building. U have already found what u want. 8)

True Fact! well said :)
abobader