Simple Question --- HELP PLEASE !!

Speak your mind

Simple Question --- HELP PLEASE !!

Postby Darbour1 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:41 pm

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help ?

I have been using Xlobby for the past few years.

I need to find a way to watch my recorded TV shows, using ZoomPlayer within Xlobby (HeavyMetal skin). Files are standard mpeg format and it works perfectly with ZoomPlayer.

I have setup a "Folder Browser" screen (ie. Xlobby Skin Editor/Screen/Add/Folder Browser). This approach ONLY works with the default path = Desktop.

If I use C:\TV or D:\ or anything else it shows the files, but I have no way to refresh these files ??

I cannot find a way to refresh this folder within Xlobby ??

If I exit Xlobby and go back in, the new files show up fine !!

The "Simplicity" skin has a "Folder Browser" example, but it uses the "Desktop folder". When you navigate on different hard drives, the file update works.

When I replace the word "Desktop" in the "Simplicity" skin to let say "C:\" :)

I see the files on the C: drive, but it does not refresh automatically when I navigate on different folders ??? :(

Does anyone know of a way to update the "Folder Browser"? ex: add an event with a radio button to refresh a folder ?? OR another way to accomplish my goal ....

Your HELP would be much appreciated ....
Dan
Darbour1

Postby lar282 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:20 pm

u should create a databse for your recorded tv instead.I do not think there is a way to refresh like u want it to work.

just add a new screen with a new database and import your tvrecordings.

need more help let us know

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Darbour1 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:15 pm

Thanks very much for the info. I will try this ...

But I would really prefer to get the Folder Browser to work because I might use this feature for other type of files....

In the mean time, Is it possible that this is a BUG ??

Because the "Simplicity" skin "Folder Browser" example works fine with the default Windows "Desktop" folder ?? but it does not work if I put C:\ or D:\TV or anything else ??

I do not understand why the automatic refresh does not work when you browse hard drives ??

Steven do you have any idea what I should do to make this work ??
Thanks,Dan
Darbour1

Postby lar282 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:24 pm

I do think it is a bug reported way back.....

sweep through the bug threads and see what u find.

//Lasse
lar282