Display formatted text and/or move objects ?

Help each other out

Display formatted text and/or move objects ?

Postby CouchPotatoe on Wed May 14, 2008 3:53 pm

A bit of a newbie to XL ..

Is it possible to display a text field with rendered html formatted text on a transparent background ? Containing say colour, size and maybe font tag information? I would like to do this so that the display formatting can be altered in appearance from an external source (plugin).

As a related question can I update the position , colour and size of an existing text or other object from a plugin - such that I could move something around or change its appearance onscreen dynamically ?

K
CouchPotatoe

Re: Display formatted text and/or move objects ?

Postby Cabinetguy on Wed May 14, 2008 8:17 pm

Hi,

Sorry , I don't have an answer for your question.
I checked out the link for XAP site. It looks very interesting!
Are you going to integrate this with you X-Lobby set up?

Thank's
Brian
Cabinetguy

Re: Display formatted text and/or move objects ?

Postby CouchPotatoe on Wed May 14, 2008 11:14 pm

I use xAP extensively, it is really great at integrating many different automation devices and applications and is the cornerstone of my whole system. Pierre over on the xLobby France site has written a plugin that allows realtime integration between xAP and xLobby. He has been hard at work on a new vesrion, jsut released that adds lots of new features. Here is a link to the forum post but the text is all in French although the plugin itself is in English. The latest version (4.6) is downloadable from the first post. I shall be looking to translate the help and instructions for the plugin and post the information here. In the meantime if you are adventurous have a play ... I can answer any xAP questions you may have...

http://www.xlobby-france.com/forums/ind ... topic=2810

cheers Kevin
CouchPotatoe