metamask help, PLEASE !!!!!

V3 help and support questions

metamask help, PLEASE !!!!!

Postby billberet on Sat May 09, 2009 1:12 am

Hi all

ok here is my custom meta tag i use for my video section:
Code: Select all
 <mask>\\(?<name>.*)\\(?<sorttitle>.*)\\(?<title>.*)\..*</mask>

this is my directory structure, where i store all my tv show seasons.
southpark / episode 1 / 1.avi
southpark / episode 2 / 2.avi
heros / episode 1 / 1.avi
heros / episode 2 / 2.avi

the only way for me to get new video's imported correctly is to delete the entire directory structure, then import, and the new avi file is found. Example: i have a new HEROS episode, #3. If i click import, i find 0 new records. but if i delete all of Heros and import, then i find my new episode plus all the origional ones i already had.

is there a better way to do the masks. I sort on the directory name, and use the name of the avi file to display under the coverart.
can someone help me with my tag, or write a new one that would let me import new files without deleting the entire directory name.
I searched the forum for a while with lots of examples and i finally came up with the template i show above.
thanks SOOOOO much
-bb
billberet

Re: metamask help, PLEASE !!!!!

Postby m_ski on Mon May 11, 2009 11:25 am

I wonder if it has something to do with the filenames being the same in the different folders? Try with filenames as heroes1, heroes2 etc...
The metamask looks OK to me and obviously basically works on a new import.
m_ski

Re: metamask help, PLEASE !!!!!

Postby billberet on Mon May 11, 2009 4:12 pm

hey,
the inital directory has to be the same, becaue they all fall into that category.
so inside xlobby, when i go to display my video coverart, i have one coverart called HEROS
when i click on that, it opens up all the episodes.

here's a update, when i scan once, it does not find any new episodes, but if i hit refresh several times, it finally finds it.
interesting!
billberet