Multi-Zone Audio Problems

Speak your mind

Postby rhinoman on Fri May 07, 2004 8:15 am

dBpowerAMP with the file selector plugin :wink:
rhinoman

Postby AirPost on Fri May 07, 2004 8:31 am

I second that! dBpowerAMP dMC is one of the best free software that will do this job. :)

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm
AirPost

MYSTERY SOLVED!!

Postby hjackson on Sat May 08, 2004 5:57 am

That was the ticket!! You cannot get multizone audio with wma files!! Converting the files to mp3 solved the problem. WMA files must be tied into the windows OS so that regardless of the media player selected and configured, files will ONLY play out of the default audio player for the computer. I don't remember you making a point out of not using wma files, so this should be added in any setup faq/instuctions!
Thanks very much for the help guys and ofcourse especially you Steven! Now to tackle the client/server issues...

hjackson
hjackson

Postby hjackson on Sat May 08, 2004 6:36 am

I NOW HATE MICROSOFT!! Because of the damn DRM, I cannot convert the majority of my wma files to mp3!! It looks like I will now have to RERIP my entire music collection to mp3 directly from the CD because dBPoweramp cannot convert DRM encrypted files!

hjackson
hjackson

Postby rhinoman on Sat May 08, 2004 7:17 am

I NOW HATE MICROSOFT!! Because of the damn DRM, I cannot convert the majority of my wma files to mp3!! It looks like I will now have to RERIP my entire music collection to mp3 directly from the CD because dBPoweramp cannot convert DRM encrypted files!

THat sucks....precisly the reason I chose to use non-microsoft programs for this, I had to rerip everything once, hopefully never again...
rhinoman

Postby hjackson on Sat May 08, 2004 7:50 am

Well, I found a program called Audio Conversion Wizard, that is able to batch and convert my entire collection, despite DRM, automatically. Whew! I'm 30 minutes into it and have 2 1/2 hours left!!

hjackson
hjackson

Previous