xAP for Xlobby

Xlobby plugin development

Postby BaddaBing on Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:32 pm

I'm creating a new skin and want to build a page to support this plugin. Anyone care to post or email me a screenshot of their xAp screen? I'd like a couple of examples so I can see how people are laying out their screens to provide the most functionality.
thanks
BaddaBing

Chicken or the Egg?

Postby Bill Lott on Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:10 am

Wish I could help.

I was hoping to have your skin to use to build my xap light control screens. I recently installed the xap-Homeseer plug-in and am really excited about the possibilities it brings to xLobby. The toggle function of xap really adds a lot of capabilities to xLobby and will make it a great interface to use to control lights and other Homeseer devices and status. I like the buttons you are going to use for ON/OFF and was thinking about using "Decora" switch images ffor status.

[/img]
Bill Lott

Postby BaddaBing on Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:04 pm

An illustration of where I'm headed with this skin... the blank areas under HVAC, lights and Security will hopefully utilize the Xap plugin.

http://www.xlobby.com/files/badabing/images/ets_homepage.jpg

Thread for this skin: http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3288
Last edited by BaddaBing on Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaddaBing

Postby Aaron on Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:39 pm

seriously... WOW!!!

that is a skin I will use, hands down, no doubt.
Aaron

Postby Aaron on Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:43 am

any updates to this plug-in?
Aaron

Postby ptrinchi on Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:02 pm

A new version is made and the French team actually test it.

What’s new?
- Ability to send all kind of xAP messages you want to every client you want (not HomeSeer only), you can describe the messages in a XML file (an example with xAPBSC.cmd, xAPBSC.Query, homeseer.command, xAP-Audio.Transport and Mail.Incoming scheme is already made)
- Ability to listen to every messages you want, you can describe the messages to listen to in a XML file
- Ability to launch every Xlobby event you want on every kind of messages you listen to.
- Ability to modify the text shown in variables plugin>xap-xlobby>state>xxx and plugin>xap-xlobby>text>xxx. For example, showing “Lightning” instead of “ON”, “You have a new mail from PETER” instead of “1 MAIL”…

I will give you as soon as possible the link to download.

PS : the new version is full compatible with the old one.
ptrinchi

Postby Heiko on Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:00 am

sounds great! can't wait to test it 8)
Heiko

Postby ptrinchi on Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:43 pm

For those who read French :?http://france.xlobby.com/xap.htm and http://france.xlobby.com/xap2.htm
I will translate this document as soon as possible with my personal translator... my wife :wink:
ptrinchi

Postby ptrinchi on Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:36 pm

xAP for Xlobby plugin

First of all, I want to apologize for my English…

A new plugin for Xlobby is now available. XAP-Xlobby connects Xlobby with xAP world.

1) What is xAP?
You can get explanations at this address.
http://www.xapautomation.org/modules.ph ... pid=whatis

2) An example with Xlobby?
Of course, imagine: an application that look at your pop account, detect a new mail. It sends a xAP message to everybody on xAP world. Xlobby wakes on reception and shows an overlay that indicates the name, the object and the sender. It also sends a message to a speech xAP application that tells you a new message are arriving.
Nice, isn’t it?

3) Others examples?
In fact, everything is possible. You only have to find a xAP application that makes what you want and interfaces it with xAP-Xlobby. A large amount of applications already exists:
http://wiki.xapautomation.org/tiki-inde ... a3bab1d815

4) Installation
First, you have to install all your xAP applications.
Be sure you have installed the latest Xlobby version http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2.zip then download the plug and decompress it in your Xlobby directory http://www.france.xlobby.com/forum/ptri ... plugin.zip.

It will create
- 6 files in your Xlobby directory (6 DLL)
- 1 folder in plugins directory named xAP-Xlobby with 2 files: AP-Xlobby.dll and xAP.ini
- 1 folder in xAP-Xlobby directory named Schema with 2 files: ACTIONS.XML and EVENTS.XML.

5) How to make Xlobby interact with other applications?
You don’t have to enter in Xlobby configuration for this plugin. All is done in the 2 files ACTIONS.XML and EVENTS.XML under schema directory.

To sending messages, xAP-Xlobby plugin will attempt to find description in ACTIONS.XML file.
To receiving messages, it will attempt to find description and associate Xlobby order in EVENTS.XML file.
When you modify those two files, you will increase the xAP ability from this plugin.

3) How to send new kinds of messages?
First, you have to find the description for the messages you wanted to add. Some of them are available at http://wiki.xapautomation.org/tiki-inde ... =XapSchema

Then, you will find an example for speech application.

Class=tts.speaktts.speak{Say=(text to speak) --- mandatoryVolume=(0-100) --- optionalVoice=(TTS Voice to use) --- optionalDevice=(Soundcard to use) --- optionalPriority=(Yes/No To stop current playback and play this text) --- optionalfilename=(If the is present then instead of playing the sound through the sound card it will be recorded into a wav file specified here) --- optional}

Now, go to ACTIONS.XML file. Each order (kind of messages) are describe in an <EVENT> block.
For example:
<event><name>My First Try</name><class>My Class</class><adress>Destination address</adress><Desc>this is an example</Desc><body>name_of_body{element 1=first paramelement 2=second param}</body></event>
Be careful, only bold text can be changed.
· Name, you can put what you want; this text will be the Xlobby name for this order.
· Class must be fill with the same value you will find in the description of the message.
· Adress must be the destination address, constructor.Device.Computer, like KCSoft.MailMonitor.MyComputer or Ptrinchi.Xlobby.* or mi4.HomeSeer.* for example
· Desc, not use yet
· Name_of_block must be fill with the same value you will find in the description of the message, it’s necessary to identify the messages to listen to.
· Element 1 is the first param with its value separated by a = character.
· Element 2 …
For example with speech messages:
<event><name>Speak</name><class>tts.speak</class><adress>mi4.speech.*</adress><Desc>usefull to make Xlobby speaking </Desc><body>tts.speak{Say=Hello everybody Volume=80 }</body></event>
If you save it and launch Xlobby, under command in the event manager, if you select xAP-Plugin, you will see a new command… Speak. You can create an event and add it to a button.

To see outgoing messages, it’s necessary to check “show outgoing messages” in the configuration screen of the plugin

4) Add parameters in outgoing messages
You can add Xlobby parameter in outgoing messages. To do this, just put *Xlobby* at the place you want in the ACTIONS.XML file.
For example:
<event><name>Speak</name><class>tts.speak</class><adress>mi4.speech.*</adress><Desc>usefull to make Xlobby speaking </Desc><body>tts.speak{Say=*Xlobby* Volume=80 }</body></event>
In the actual version, you can’t add more than one parameter.

5) How to describe more messages in only one description
You can describe a lot of messages in only one <event> block.
For example, you have found a xAP application player. 5 messages can be send to it for 5 actions (Play, Stop, Pause, Prev, Next)

The event block in ACTIONS.XML file could be:
<event><name>Player XX</name><class>Class.player</class><adress>XXX.YYY.*</adress><Desc>launch a player</Desc><body>Player.Command{Command=[Play,Stop,Pause,Prev,Next]File=*Xlobby* }</body></event>

6) How to indicate which messages Xlobby have to listen to?
The process is the same we use for outgoing messages but the changes must be in the EVENTS.XML file.

You must find the descriptions of the messages sent by the xAp application you want.

Go to EVENTS.XML file, you will find <message> block for each message to listen:

<message><name>New Mail</name><class>mail.incoming.new</class><address>*.*.*.*</address><body>block=Name_of_blockstate=You have [msg] new mail(s) from [from]text=Subject: [subject]</body><xlobby>goto:goto new mail</xlobby></message>
Be careful, only bold text can be changed.
· Name, you can put what you want; this text will be the Xlobby name for this order.
· Class must be filled it with the same value you will find in the description of the message.
· Adress must be the emitter address, constructor.Device.Computer, like KCSoft.MailMonitor.MyComputer or Ptrinchi.Xlobby.* or mi4.HomeSeer.* for example
· Name_of_block must be filled it with the same value you will find in the description of the message, necessary to identify the messages to listen to.
Then, you can fill the right part of the following two lines with what you want to display in the Xlobby variables named plugin>xap-xlobby>state>xxxxx and plugin>xap-xlobby>text>xxxxx.
XXXXX is the name of the xAP device. You can find it in the original message sent by the application. At the source line, you will read something like XXX.YYY.ZZZ:AAA.BBB or XXX.YYY.ZZZ
In the first case, the devise is AAA.BBB, in the second it’s ZZZ
You can add information from the xAP messages like [subject] or [from] in our example. Each xAP information must be a param line in the original message sent by the application like subject=YYYYY or from=peter@free.com

7) How to indicate to Xlobby the event to execute?
Only fill the <xlobby> tag with an action like Group:eventName. Only events from your skin are available (those under SKIN in the event manager).

8) Conclusion
I hope you understand everything and enjoy with it.
ptrinchi

feature suggestion...

Postby Aaron on Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:31 pm

ptrinchi,
If I may suggestion one feature...

It would be great to see a GUI where you could see all the Homeseer (or other) devices (query from Homeseer automatically) and then on the other side it would display all the XLobby objects (query from XLobby automtically) so you could "match" them together... basically using the GUI to create the XML for you with the added bonus of having a list of all items from your software (XLobby, Homeseer, etc) right there. Less chance for mistakes and should be MUCH faster for the user.

I know this is asking some coding from your end so for that I'm sorry. Maybe you could convince Steven to integrate it into XLobby?
Aaron

xAP en francais

Postby MarkHarrison on Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:03 am

ptrinchi,

Je suis un realisateur de xAP, avec une site Internet a http://www.ascentium.co.uk/xap bilangue (Anglais / Deutsche.)

Si vous pouvez m'aider avec le traduction francais de ma site, je peut devenir la premiere site xAP trilangue!

Mark
mailto:xap@ascentium.co.uk
MarkHarrison

Postby ptrinchi on Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:47 am

Mark > Yes of course, I will take a look as soon as possible :D

Aaron > Good idea...
ptrinchi

Postby Heiko on Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:33 am

works fine :D
Thanks ptrinchi for this fantastic plugin!!!
Heiko

Postby ptrinchi on Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:33 am

The next version is already in developpement :D

- Xlobby will detect if a xap hub is running on the computer. If not, it will start as a xap hub server so you won't need a hub anymore.
- Xlobby will show in its config form all the xap device available

and perhaps what aaron ask :wink:
ptrinchi

Postby Aaron on Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:44 pm

very sweet!

I cannot wait to use XLobby to control Homeseer!!!
Aaron

PreviousNext