Trailer Repository

Speak your mind

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:34 am

Are we all talkign about different things???

damn I think we are talking about different things....I thought you meant the dts/dolby digital trailers....I didnt know you meant actual movie trailers. I could careless about movie trailers...thats just me personally. I was thinking it would be easy to burn these trailer dvds....but I think now people will want to pick and choose which trailers they want...its one thing making copies of a master disc....but I'm not up for making custom discs for people.

I still think a master disc for dolby/dts trailers is still a good idea though....but isnt there any more then what I have listed? Shold I even bother uploading the rest of my dts/dolby vob trailers(i can start again in abot 5-6 hrs)? converting them to video_ts.ifo looks like it might be a pain.

So this is what i'm thinking....FTP for movie trailers(if we can keep one going?)....and a FTP or dvd disc with all the currently available dd/dts trailers in video_ts format.
stevenhanna6

Postby ddiv on Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:15 am

yeah too bad steven :( As far as demos (dts dd etc) there are only about as many as you haev there and you can get them from cinenow.com in .vob format. So I dont see much point in wasting time sharing them when they are easily accessable.

Greg: I tried with the zipping...didnt make a big difference. I dont think its possible for me to up them all to you or id be doing it for 2 days. So Ive started up an ftp site of my own. I know the speed will not be super quick, but if you arent downloading 10gigs at a time then it shouldnt be a problem. im jsut getting all the files onto it right now and Ill let you know when its up and running.
ddiv

Postby galtigor on Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:46 am

Well I understand. I'll leave Steven's vob files up till tommorow and then shut the site down again...

By the way if you need anything like this again ... let me know.

Greg
galtigor

Postby ddiv on Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:39 am

I really appreciate the offer greg. Its too bad I couldnt get them all up there without spending a week doing so.

I have seet up an ftp server here...I did a test from another computer and ti took under a minute to get one trailer so I think people will be ok with the speed.

Ill let you all know when it up and running.
ddiv

Postby ddiv on Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:06 am

Ok its up and running!

ftp://192.168.0.5

Enjoy and let me know if you have any problems. I will leave it up until I go to bed tonight then I will bring it back up tomorrow.
ddiv

Postby bairdat on Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:56 pm

I noticed that all the DD and DTS trailers are pure VOB's with no corresponding IFO files...so just in case you are having problems with the *.vob files for the DTS and DD demo trailers playing in programs like TheaterTek (which can only play VOB's that have a corresponding IFO file) try this:

You MUST create an IFO for each trailer using a program like IFOedit. But to do that you MUST first rename each VOB file to a name that IFOedit likes...in this case VTS_01.VOB or some other form of VTS_**.VOB.

Then you can use IFOedit to create a corresponding IFO for each trailer. If you keep the names like DOLBY-RAIN.vob, IFOedit will NOT recognize the VOB file and will error out.

Just an FYI...

If anyone is interested I can upload these with these DD and DTS trailers with the appropriate IFO files so you can use theatertek:
DD Aurora
DD City
DD Game
DD Canyon
DD Egypt
DD Rain
DD Waterfall
DTS - The digital experience
DTS - Piano

Thanks,
-Alex-
bairdat

Postby ddiv on Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:37 pm

Oh yeah good call bairdat I forgot to add that in...actually they have to be named VTS_01_1.VOB and they should be placed in their own VIDEO_TS folder within the "name" folder...ie C:/trailers/DolbyCanyon/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB

Im putting the site back up so have at it :D
ddiv

Postby bairdat on Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:07 pm

Ooops...at least I got it part of the way right! :?

Hey the only references for the download FTP I can find are the 208.181.214.74 and the 192.168.0.5. The first I can see the DD and DTS download VOB's and the directory structure for the trailers, but alas, no trailers themselves. The second doensn't connect. Isn't the 192.168.*.* a private, reserved IP range for internal networks only?

Thanks,
-Alex-
bairdat

Postby ddiv on Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:20 pm

hmm that might explain why I could connect and no one else can. Anyone know how I can make it public?
ddiv

Postby galtigor on Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:36 pm

What are you using to set up the FTP site? Is it IIS under WinXP? If so you need to make sure that you go into the FTP site setting and have it set for read. Also if your using NTFS for the file system you have to make sure that you have the folder security set to either Everyone or IIS anonymous. Anything else and it will block access..

Greg
galtigor

Postby ddiv on Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:39 pm

No im using secure server by globalscape..it just gave me my own IP...maybe I can set it somewhere
ddiv

Postby ddiv on Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:12 pm

can someone try to connect...I played with a few settigns
ddiv

Postby jowaldo on Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:30 am

ddiv wrote:can someone try to connect...I played with a few settigns

there is no way that anyone is going to be able to connect to a 192.168.xx.xx number... Those are internal ip's viewable only by computer in your own network. You will need to go into your router and forward port 21 for ftp to that ip you posted. Then you need to give everyone the IP of your router. It has the globally available IP that everyone can see. One of the easiest ways to find out what your global ip is, just go to http://www.whatismyipaddress.com

I'm usually on the chat channel on irc if you want me to help walk you through anything
jowaldo

Postby ddiv on Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:02 am

ok folks that failed...got it connectable but it really is too slow to bother...so im open to any suggestions.
ddiv

Postby bairdat on Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:09 am

ddiv,

You will definitely need to forward the ports you have designated for FTP on the router/gateway you use to connect to the internet, so that the packets know the right address translation for your internal IP.

Also..

If you can't grab a static IP for your internet connection, try using a service like http://www.dns2go.com. This will track any dynamic IP and give it a FQN where it is easier to get to and remember.

Hope this helps!
-Alex-[/url]
bairdat

PreviousNext