Pin Code to access screens and picture rotation

Got an idea, post it here

Pin Code to access screens and picture rotation

Postby milanp on Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:11 am

I have been trying all the frontend sofwares for more than a year.
After trying Mediaportal, Beyond Media, Meedio I can say:
none of the competitors are as flexible and good as Xlobby.
However I need this features as I became used to them in Meedio.
- Pin code access is what I need to divide my stuff from childrens stuff because all households are all using the HTPCs at home .
- Picture rotation is not that high on my priorities list, I can rotate them externally.
milanp

Postby lar282 on Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:02 am

I second these requests

//Lasse
lar282

Postby jowaldo on Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:41 pm

when you say pin code access, have you looked into the password protect option that is already available... I'm assuming that will do what you are looking for.

About rotating images, this has been asked for in the past, and according to Steven it would be really hard for him to add because of the way xlobby works in handling images, scaling them and etc... So I doubt that will be added any time soon.
jowaldo

Postby lar282 on Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:16 am

jowaldo wrote:when you say pin code access, have you looked into the password protect option that is already available... I'm assuming that will do what you are looking for.

About rotating images, this has been asked for in the past, and according to Steven it would be really hard for him to add because of the way xlobby works in handling images, scaling them and etc... So I doubt that will be added any time soon.

Isn't there ready API:s in Windows xp to manage pictures?

//Lasse
lar282