EPG Problem- Xlobby won't Boot

Help each other out

EPG Problem- Xlobby won't Boot

Postby hvs69 on Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:31 pm

I just started to work on incorporating EPG (xmltv) to support XLTV plugin (Thanks Badubo). After downloading the EPG in the xml format using xmltv application and the appropriate grabber for North America, I cannot start XLobby. During the startup process, XLobby gets stuck on Building XMLTV screen and just sits there.

During this process there is not much of Hard-Drive activity going on and I seem to think that XL does not like the format (probably header) of EPG xml file for some reason. FYI, the size of my EPG file is about 26 MB. Could this be a problem ?

Any thoughts/ideas ?

Thanks.
hvs69

Postby hvs69 on Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:53 am

I would greatly appreciate if someone can post working copy of xmltv.xml.

I badly need some help.

Thanks.
hvs69

Postby badubo on Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:41 am

Have you the xmltv.dtd in the xmltv directory?
badubo

Postby hvs69 on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:33 pm

Badubo,

Thanks for responding.

No, I don't have any such file in my folder. Does XLobby create this file ? or should I have it in my folder in the first place ?

There are only 3 files in the xmltv folder. One is obviously xmltv.xml that I downloaded using the grabber. The other 2 (one .dat and other all.xml or something) are created by your xltv plugin, if I am correct.

Thanks.
hvs69

Postby badubo on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:48 pm

No, I don't have any such file in my folder. Does XLobby create this file ? or should I have it in my folder in the first place ?

you should have it

One is obviously xmltv.xml that I downloaded using the grabber.

You don't need to copy this file in this location, only in the xltv/xmltv dir
The programs related to the channels you selected in the favorite (all I guess) are already in all.xml

[/quote]
badubo

Postby hvs69 on Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:56 pm

badubo wrote:

you should have it

One is obviously xmltv.xml that I downloaded using the grabber.

You don't need to copy this file in this location, only in the xltv/xmltv dir
The programs related to the channels you selected in the favorite (all I guess) are already in all.xml

[/quote]

Badubo,

Can you please clarify a few things, I am confused.

1 what files should be in the XMLTV folder ?
2 From my previous reading on this subject, I thought you only need xmltv.xml file (which you download using your grabber) in this folder. I have not heard about dtd file. Are we talking about same file, only different extensions ?
3 Can you please post a working version of xmltv data which is compatible with XLobby.

Thanks.
hvs69

Postby art on Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:13 pm

hvs69 wrote: Are we talking about same file, only different extensions ?

No, dtd file describes xml format for xmltv.xml file. You can find this file in the same folder where you have xmltv.exe program. Copy it to your xlobby\xmltv folder. I'm not sure if it is required by XL, but it won't hurt...
art

Postby hvs69 on Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:01 am

art wrote:
hvs69 wrote: Are we talking about same file, only different extensions ?

No, dtd file describes xml format for xmltv.xml file. You can find this file in the same folder where you have xmltv.exe program. Copy it to your xlobby\xmltv folder. I'm not sure if it is required by XL, but it won't hurt...

art,

Thanks. I will try that and let you know.

Do you have the xmltv EPG enabled in your setup ?

Since you are in US, I can perhaps replicate your configuration to make it work.
hvs69

Postby Atlas on Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:05 am

Try scaling down your number of days you include in the xmltv.exe call to 1 until you get it running. I know xlobby creates a xmltv.dat from the xmltv.xml file. Anytime a new xmltv.xml is placed in the dir it recreates a xmltv.dat. That will help take the file size out of the question.
Atlas

Postby badubo on Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:11 am

But, the most important is to NOT copy the xmltv.xml that you grab in the xlobby/xmltv.
You must copy it in the plugins/xltv/xmltv directory and xltv will create a new xml file that corresponds to your favorite (same channels, same order) and will save it in the xlobby/xmltv

To be sure, deleta ALL files in xlobby/xmltv and restart xlobby
badubo

Postby art on Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:23 am

hvs69 wrote:Do you have the xmltv EPG enabled in your setup?

Yes, I do have it working. My file is not as big as yours, but it's 18MB and XL loads it without problems. You can dload it here

Edit: looks like Badubo posted at the same time - I didn't know we were taking about plugin setup ....
art

Postby hvs69 on Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:27 am

OK thanks

I understand it much better now. It looks like I know what to experiment with now.

I will report the results pretty soon.
hvs69

Postby hvs69 on Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:27 am

[Message Deleted]
Last edited by hvs69 on Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hvs69

Postby badubo on Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:57 am

Zip the content of your xltv directory I will take a look.

Anyway,
Are you sure that your xmltv file contains more channels than those displayed

For the one you see, did you correctly made the relationship with the corresponding MT channel?

- select a channel on the left
- select the corresponding MT channel on the right
- click "-->"

once you finished, don't forget to click on "Save Lst"
badubo

Postby Atlas on Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:37 pm

I have no experience with the plugin but wanted to throw out an idea to check. Make sure that you have the xepg-*.png resources in your skins buttons folder. You can copy the ones out of the default. Probably not the case but something to check.
Atlas

Next