Hello and can i ask some newbie questions please.

Speak your mind

Hello and can i ask some newbie questions please.

Postby northern_munki on Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:12 am

Hello all,
Just to let you know I told about this fantastic product on the avforums web site and I have a few questions which are hopefuly easy to answer.

http://www.avforums.com

I rather like the Heavy Metal skin, nice work chaps. :D Got the weather working once i'd downloaded the xoapweather plugin.

1. Can XLobby automatically update the media folders? I will be adding new music files to my system remotely over a network and don't want to have to tell XL to refresh the database everytime.

2. Does someone have an idiots guide to music artwork? Of all my music only one track has the cover included as its embedded in the MP3. I've never been fussed about it before as I play most of it on my IRiver. Can XL search automatically for all my other artwork. My MP3's were origionaly organised and named with Itunes. \artist\album\01 First track name.mp3 It doesn't seem to do it, can someone offer some help please!?

3. Why did i not know about this product before..... where have i been!!???

Nice work everyone!
northern_munki

Postby Colby on Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:29 pm

Welcome Aboard,

Xlobby could automatically update your media directories, if you set it up to. I think its easy enough to click one button in the skin when you want to update, are you really updating so offen? Xlobby will recognize newly added media to a directory upon refresh, so it only has to scan those, not the whole database. Its all pretty quick.

I dont know of an Idiots guide to xlobby anything. IF YOU ARE USING XLOBBY, YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT. But here is a simple solution. We call them spiders. In my skin you click the album, then it opens to show the album info. You could click the spider button and it will open search. You will see the title of what it will be searching for, then it will search various websites for highquality album art. It will return the results with a preview, and you can choose one then click save. Xlobby doesnt automatically find your coverart, it is more powerful than that. It lets you choose what cover is right for you. I am sure other skins have spiders, if not you can do spider searches in the edit database of the setup menu.

I dont know where you've been? I'm in America. Xlobby was less than 500 members a year ago, now we are over 1000.

Colby

regarding #2....

Postby neeshman on Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:33 pm

if u hv used itunes for your music library, then there is a lil plugin for it that automatically can find cover art for all your tunes by searching the net (well actually uses the amazon database). the program is called iArt, cant rememba the link, but im sure youll be able to find it on google.
neeshman