VCD files not recognized in xlobby !

Got an idea, post it here

VCD files not recognized in xlobby !

Postby ovaltap on Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:51 am

I have a little collection of VCD files (.dat format) on my computer, and i cant get xlobby to recognize them. I have organized them in movie specific folders.. for eg. cd1 file for XMen is in foler "c:/Movies/XMen/cd1/cd1.dat". But none of the .dat files is recognized by XLobby when i try Import on this directory.

Any help wud be greatly appreciated
ovaltap

Postby dgemily on Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:05 am

did you add the extension "dat" in your movies template ?
in the set up, section "database", then "import" select the template movies and add dat in the case "extensions"
dgemily

Postby ovaltap on Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:20 pm

Yeah, I added ".dat" to file extensions and added WinDVD as supporting player...also I ticked the "enabled" checkbox.... still on Clicking "Import" the status bar showed no VCD files imported.

Can someone pls provide screenshots after we hit F2, to enable .dat file recognition.
ovaltap

Postby dgemily on Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:41 pm

try with the videos template instead of the movies one or modify the movies template as the same of videos template and don't forget to add .dat extensions in the right case... (to inform templates file are in xlobby\databases\templates\ )

If I remember correctly, I think the original movies template use dvdprofiler... (not sure, I don't use it any movies template)
dgemily