DOWNLOAD ColbySkin 2.0

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby Colby on Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:50 pm

Goto the photos page. Open the skin editor, (pause/break key). Goto the text tab of the editor. Then click the textbox on the skin, (the place on the screen where the page number should be). Or select category>pictures>page from the list of what is on the page in the default tab. You need to edit this text to say category>photos>page . Close the skin editor. THats it.
Colby

Postby Colby on Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:19 pm

Now that the pictures thing is cleared up. I want to clear up some other issues and repackage my skin.

What are the biggest problem with my skin? both technically and intuitively

Thanks.
Colby

Postby pateruck on Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:54 pm

Has anyone else had problems with navigation on some of the overlay screens? I am unable to navigate with the remote on the offline movie overlay or the music song selection overlay. I must use the mouse in these cases which is very annoying.

Patrick
pateruck

Postby tka on Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:09 am

I would really like to be able to add a whole cd to the queue and/or playlist. Would it be possible to add button to the overlay screen to enable that?
tka

Postby Colby on Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:18 pm

you already can, just select the name of the album on the overlay and it will add the entire album.
Colby

Postby buggdog on Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:06 am

Is there anyway to convert this skin to 16:9??

Its an awesome skin that i would love to be able to use on my system. Thanks for any info.

Lou
buggdog

Postby karaoke on Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:15 am

Your skin is awsome - using a tweaked version on a 5" screen (Sony Vaio U71)
Thanks for the solution for the pictures/photos.

I have a query - on music search using song category. Is there any way that when the result is listed you could show the artist alongside the title.
For instance when I search "My Girl" I come up with 3 results but I don't know the artist. If you could find a solution it would be much appreciated.

Again - thanks for your great work.
karaoke

Postby websphere on Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:22 pm

On the weather page, the second button, that is supposed to return you to the internet page does not work.

The weather web cams seems to be a hit or miss on displaying a web cam. Hitting the refresh button sometimes fixes it. An enhansement would also be if it would display more than a single webcam?

The xoapweather weather feed doesn't seem to give more that a 4 day daytime outlook. You might consider taking out the 5th day (I did).
websphere

create movie submenu

Postby notelepek on Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:56 pm

hi Colby,
first off great skin, one question is there a way to set up the skin so that i can access a sub menu from the movie button on the main page, why i ask is that i have a lot of movies and would like to categorise them by genre rather than having all movies bundle up on one page eg. this sub menu would have buttons such as Action , Animation, Comedy, Adult, Documentary which would lead to those pages. I have tried reading the help file on skinning but it difficult to understand. Thanks for your help.
notelepek

Postby schnell on Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:48 am

Coby your skin is fantastic. I've been looking around these forums for a fix to the album overlay problem that seems to happen to some people where when the album details popup you are not able to navigate with a remote unless you move your mouse over a song within the overlay. I'm planning on moving to a touchscreen later but wanted to experiment with the remote I have now.

I tried several things. I tried to make sure the album overlay screen had a default button, I downloaded all the recent builds of xlobby but still no go. Then I decided to just look at some of the xml files and I noticed something that caught my eye. In the music.xml file I noticed these bunch of lines:

<eventbutton>
<eventid>music:overlay albumtracks</eventid>
<imagename>music</imagename>
<location>259,4,868,1065</location>
<id>openalbum</id>
<navitem>True</navitem>
<fontresource>Labels>page</fontresource>
<font>Impact,0.833333333333331%,#FFFFFF,regular</font>
<alignment>middle center</alignment>
<outline>1</outline>
<outlinecolor>#B2000000</outlinecolor>
<type>category</type>
<database>music</database>
<display>%display%</display>
<details>overlay:overlay_albumtracks</details>
<ratio>1:1</ratio>
<columns>4</columns>

I noticed that the <eventid> has "overlay albumtracks" but then near the bottom the <details> tag has "overlay_albumtracks". So just on a whim I decided to apply the same underscore in the eventid thinking that maybe they both have to be the same, reloaded xlobby and voila!!!!! The album detail overlays work and one can navigate with the keyboard or remote without having to use the mouse first to gain focus. I know nothing really about skinning and don't know if I misconfigured the xml by doing this, but just wanted to share this as I'm not sure why this is working now but it is!!
schnell

one more thing about overlays

Postby schnell on Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:52 am

I seem to have fixed the album overlay problem with the solution in my previous post above however, I'm still having a problem with the playlist overlay.

It seems that when the overlay pops up if I use the keyboard/remote by hitting enter on the playlist button, the navigation is very strange. After I hit the playlist button and the overlay pops up and I hit the down arrow on the keyboard in order to navigate the playlist, the playlist underneath the overlay on the right side of the screen seems to take the input and will highlight the selections in its own playlist, not in the overlay playlist.

Since the right side playlist has focus now and if you keep hitting the keyboard up arrow and reach the top of the playlist (the wrong one on the right side of the screen) the focus will then jump back to the overlay playlist, with the exception that the only items that get highlighted are the first song and the left arrow button at the bottom of the playlist overlay page. They will just keep jumping to one another if you keep hitting the keyboard up arrow. You aren't able to keyboard navigate into the songs after the first item listed. If you then hit the down arrow on the keyboard from here, the focus jumps back to the non-overlay playlist on the right.

I tried tinkering with the xml file the same way with my solution in the previous post but I can't seem to find any solution. I've searched all the posts regarding overlay problems but it seems that exe updates solved it for other skins and people. However this problem remains and I don't know if its a skin problem or an xlobby problem. Sorry for the long post...but I wanted to be as specific as possible. Any thoughts??
schnell

News, sports, and web cams missing

Postby SteveK on Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:54 am

Nothing happens when I click on the buttons for News, Sports, or Web cams. Each button has an event assigned to it, so I'm guessing the screens or overlays got left out of the last release. :?:

Even so, I love this skin!
SteveK

Postby Colby on Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:35 am

notelepek wrote:is there a way to set up the skin so that i can access a sub menu...

You want a genre filter. You will have to add it, I didnt add it on the main movies page. It can be done with search overlay though. Steve does it in his new default skin so you can see how its done.

schnell wrote: Colby your skin is fantastic... Any thoughts??

I am looking into it.

SteveK wrote: Nothing happens when I click on the buttons for News...

Yes I never finished this section, It wasnt so pressing. :wink:
Colby

Postby iGotNoTime on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:41 pm

Colby maybe you might remember me? LOL

I really hope you don't take offense, but I added many new buttons to the skin you have. I am trying to play with yours as it is the closest thing to what I am looking for. Sadly though copying buttons is the part of the skinning thing I can get so far.

Could you offer any tips on what I am doing wrong? People have said simply add a category and it will appear, yet when I am looking at the movie button for example, there is no category there. I was hoping to simply copy buttons and edit the database to choose the database I have set for the genres of media. But again nothing is listed in the default areas to edit.

Please ignore how I slaughtered the cosmetics, I am working on images to match yours the best I can tomorrow. Too there are buttons that I put there just for testing looks that will likely come off as I learn that I can't do this or that. The main one's I am concerned with are the media files. Such as my MP3 and Movie collections.

The files I am playing with are here.
The screenshot of copying and pasting is here.

Again I am not claiming to be a skinner, just trying my best to work with the great base you gave, and using it to learn how to do some of these things.
iGotNoTime

Postby iGotNoTime on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:10 pm

Am I getting closer by cloning screens?
iGotNoTime

PreviousNext