database editing in V2 until V3 is released

Got an idea, post it here

Re: database editing in V2 until V3 is released

Postby defrag on Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:36 pm

No problem Wes, I'm going to dig a bit deeper over the weekend too - so hopefully we will meet in the middle :D
defrag

Postby defrag on Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:08 am

Ok, I thought I had this working.

After attacking this lots of different ways, I went back to basics. Usually with categories I just give them a name and all is ok, but to get this to work I had to also use the ID field as well. After that was populated - everything worked..... until..... I connected to my xnet server.

If a fat client is stand alone it works - if a fat client connects to a xnet server it doesn't.

Wes: I have mailed Steven my findings, but I would guess that his email is usually swamped - so posting here as a reminder.
defrag

Postby defrag on Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:22 pm

Following emails from Steven last weekend, this is the current situation on manual/plugin database editing:

v2 will update databases based on file changes IF the application is not connected to a xnet server. If the connection exists then the changes will not tbe picked up (which is my situation). I'm assuming that this will also work if the application is the xnet server not the client... haven't tried this.

v3 will hopefully contain an event to force a manual update regardless of client/server status.

Tested this on the last V2 and the last free version and both work the same.
defrag

Previous