Photoshop help

Help each other out

Photoshop help

Postby noviceboy on Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:40 pm

I have PS elements. In this there is a layer style called Blue Glow. You can see what is does from a sample button below. I dont know PS, so does anyone know how to change blue to a green and be able to alter other attributes? Failing this does anyone know of a free SW that achieves the same- but I can change at least colour to green?
Obviously this is to use with remote set-ups to know when I am on a button!

Thanx in advance
noviceboy

Postby Colby on Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:23 pm

I am not very familiar with PS elements, however I am with PS. In PS you can choose the paint color set it to back, then go to the filters menu and select stylize, glowing edges. Or, another way would be to create outerglow in the blending options, which you can get to by right clicking on the layer. These are only a couple of options in PS, I dont know if they are available in ps elements. Good luck.
Colby

Postby noviceboy on Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:31 pm

Thanks.
noviceboy

Postby Mikeydog on Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:33 pm

In photo shop you can goto image/adjustments/Replace color. Use the eye dropper to select all the colors you want to replace (you may need to choose the eyedropper + tool), and then use the Hue slider to adjust to the color and saturation you want..

Here ya go..
Mikeydog

Postby noviceboy on Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:39 pm

Thanks for your efforts. Actually it was just the glow colour I wanted to change- thes change colour stuff I know. Adding the glow works on the whole layer, so I cannot change just the glow this way. But then I might have talked myself into an answer - copy the layer, change the colour and remove the icon?
noviceboy