List Remote Configs for using Xlobby

Help each other out

List Remote Configs for using Xlobby

Postby jrg on Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:35 pm

Looking for advice on what remotes you people have working with Xlobby and how you make it work (using Girder, etc)

I have a Hauppaugue Silver Remote that came with the PVR250 capture card and use it with SnapStream Beyond TV. Is there any way to make the remote work with Xlobby?

What IR or RF receiver do you use to get the remotes input to the computer?

Thanks.
jrg

Postby mattdisaster on Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:00 pm

jpg-

i would imagine you could use almost any remote (with the help of girder that is) for xlobby. At the moment I use the ati remote wonder (havent had the chance to try out the remote plugin wandra made yet) through girder and it works pretty well. I'm planning on getting the firefly when snapstream actually comes out with it. Since it looks pretty sweet.

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby jrg on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:11 pm

mattd,

For your ATI Remote Wonder, I assume it comes with a IR receiver that plugs into the ATI All in Wonder card.

I have the same setup except using the Hauppaugue PVR card.

In using Girder with your remote, did you just 'train' girder to associate button inputs and then execute a Xlobby command?
jrg

Postby mattdisaster on Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:28 pm

Yep, it was pretty easy to do, and by the way the Remote Wonder uses RF not IR. It's a very nice remote, like i said, the firefly looks like its gonna take its place once it comes out. Ask wandra (he has a post on here some where) for his "plugin" for the remote wonder if you're interested in it, I looked over the setup of it and it looks awesome.

-matt
mattdisaster