Postby m_masta on Mon May 02, 2005 3:30 am

Naylia wrote:v0.11 Changelog
-Splash title added
-City name added to weather screens
-Today's nighttime outlook added
-Movie: Reset View button added

Screenshots update also...

Hey Naylia,

You've been putting in some work I see (I was out of town)
Fyi: You probably should add a "Reset View" for the music section as well, especially for the benefit of ppl who might have their music in "artist>album" form or any scheme that requires going into subsections.
Keep up the good work,

masta
m_masta

Postby Naylia on Mon May 02, 2005 12:13 pm

Cool..good idea...that's the kind of feedback I need guys because right now it really is designed around my configuratoin so just let me know about things that would make it easier to use for you. I'll try to add music reset by tommorrow at the latest.

Also...please let me know how the 16x9 screens came out. I only viewed them on my 4x3 monitor to make sure they look right but it's tough to tell if things are sized properly on a 20" 4x3 computer monitor.

Do you 16x9 users need 4x3 client screens added to the setup?
Naylia

sample ppc screenshots

Postby Naylia on Wed May 04, 2005 2:28 am

Hey guys, what do you think? Layout, size, buttons available?

Image Image Image
Naylia

Postby lovingHDTV on Wed May 04, 2005 2:33 am

I like them, I'm still amazed at how fast you crank these things out.

Are you planning on adding screens for things like setting like, don't like and such?
lovingHDTV

Postby Naylia on Wed May 04, 2005 11:23 am

Yeah I've been trying to figure that out, I'm trying to balance number of buttons with functionality, I may just have to do a little forward / back button on each screen and make Sage like three different screens to try to get most of the stuff in.
Naylia

v0.14 released!

Postby Naylia on Wed May 04, 2005 11:46 am

v0.14 Changelog
-No longer need Girder to switch between XLobby and SageTV
-Must place sendfocuse.exe (included) at "C:\Sendfocus.exe"
-first couple ppc screens included, but not purpose of update

This now exclusively uses sendfocus.exe and there is no need for girder. It just took some playing with the exact event order to get them to maintain focus swap every single time. Both XLobby and SageTV should be open and running full screen all the time (no sleeping Sage) and sendfocus will swap them back and forth. On waking you may have to put the XLobby screen on top and click My TV to get them back in sync. XLobby needs to be on the SageTV screen in XLobby for all the commands to pass perfectly from a remote (if using a ppc it won't matter once thats ready), so if the computer wakes and Sage is in front there is no guarantee that XLobby is on the tv screen in the background, although hopefully sleeping does remember screen focus. I haven't looked into that yet. I will be investigating waking with proper focus and come up with a solution if it turns out to be a problem.

Oh and this is the first time I tried just dragging and dropping edited files into old zip's that have been posted. Let me know if things are working smoothly. Hopefully I didn't miss any files.
Naylia

Postby Chazotta on Wed May 04, 2005 2:17 pm

Naylia - All I can say is that this skin is superb.

Thanks for the great work and for sharing it.

regards, Mark
Chazotta

Postby m_masta on Wed May 04, 2005 3:59 pm

As of the time of this post, the download for the 4:3 skin is corrupt. (at least on my side :cry: )

masta
m_masta

Re: v0.14 released!

Postby briands on Wed May 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Naylia wrote: On waking you may have to put the XLobby screen on top and click My TV to get them back in sync.

So shoule we deactivate sleep in Sage?
briands

Postby Naylia on Wed May 04, 2005 9:29 pm

Ok, I'll look at the downloads shortly, I rushed the upload process this morning before work.

Yes I'm pretty sure you should disable sleeping in Sage. I think If Sage is asleep then sendfocus will not be able to wake it up although I guess someone could check to make sure. The way it works now is that 'Power On' uses sendfocus to bring sagetv to the front and opens the sage screen in xlobby in the back(hence allowing IR triggers and touchscreen use). 'Power Off' (issued through xlobby) will use sendfocus to bring xlobby to the front and return to the menu screen in xlobby.
Naylia

Postby lovingHDTV on Thu May 05, 2005 1:16 am

Naylia,
I downloaded the 16x9 and played around with it a little along with the PPC screens.

Can I suggest that on the PPC screens, have the event goto:menu bound to the icon on the upper left corner? This give a nice uniform way to get back to the menu from any screen. Just something I played around with.

thanks,
lovingHDTV

Postby Naylia on Thu May 05, 2005 2:24 am

lovin,

I had been thinking the same thing, just hadn't really figured out yet what to add for a button to make the overlay popup so I added it to the first available thing. i think I'll probably do that and then do some sort of next/prev buttons at the very bottom to give access to more buttons

also...can I make the buttons smaller? Do you guys use your fingers or your stylus with the ppc? I use stylus but I was going for that thumb sized button feel.
Naylia

Postby lovingHDTV on Thu May 05, 2005 3:24 am

I use the stylus also, so the buttons could be smaller.

I tried out your 16x9 version and found a couple issues. My resolution is actually 1360x768, don't know if that is an issue.

"my weather" button is too small and so it does not display "my weather", but is blank instead.

The audio controls window has buttons outside the window, also when I click a music track, the window that lets you choose play track, play cd, etc is messed up.

I did get good transition between sage and xlobby when using the PPC, but what command do I use inside sage to get it to return to xlobby?

thanks,
lovingHDTV

Postby m_masta on Thu May 05, 2005 4:01 am

Hey Naylia,
I see you changed the 4:3 archive, cause it's bigger than the older file, but I still can't open it. It's giving me a "corrupted archive" message.

masta
m_masta

PreviousNext