Remote

Help each other out

Remote

Postby jsilva on Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:54 am

Hi
I hope somebody can help me with this.

I'm using mytheatre to watch tv wich I lounch from xlobby my problem is that I use an niveus X10 remote wich works really well with xlobby but I use girder to control mytheatre so when I'm navigating mytheatre the remote is sending comands to xlobby in the backgronud so it kes a mess of my settup.

Is it any way of disabling the remote in xlobby and just use girder to control everything or viceversa use xlobby to do all the work.

Thanks othe help
jsilva

Re: Remote

Postby dalanik on Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:19 pm

Ofcourse, just delete (move somewhere) the XLobby IR plugin. It's called xusbuirt.dll and is located in plugins folder of XLobby (C:\Program Files\Xlobby\plugins). And use Girder for everything (That's what I do).

Or, another approach is to, prior to lounching mytheatre, change XLobby screen to "player" screen, and assign mytheatre commands to buttons which will forward events from remote to mytheater via SEND_COMMAND (I don't know if mytheatre supports this).

I prefer to use girder for everything.

regards,

Dalibor
dalanik

Postby jsilva on Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:19 pm

Thank you very much for that I will try it later
jsilva

Postby jsilva on Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:15 am

I tried that but xlo still controled by tremote???
jsilva

Postby dalanik on Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:04 am

You need to use Girder plugin TaskCreate or TaskSwitch in order to detect when each program has focus. Then create separate sets of commands for each buttonpress for each program.

I.e. I have 2 main groups of commands in girder. 1st one only detects which program is running in FOREGROUND via TaskCreate plugin. Then it enables a group in 2nd main-group for that particular program, and disables all other groups (other programs).

The 2nd group has commands per remote button per program which executes what you want to do in that particular program.

I.e. 2 main groups are TASKSWITCH and PROGRAMS:

TASKSWITCH
=== TaskCreate XLOBBY (xlobby is foreground and taskcreate detects this)
=== === ENABLE XLOBBY
=== === DISABLE ZOOMPLAYER

=== TaskCreate ZOOMPLAYER (zoom is foreground and taskcreate detects this)
=== === DISABLE XLOBBY
=== === ENABLE ZOOMPLAYER

PROGRAMS
=== XLOBBY (enabled)
=== === PLAY
=== === === send command to XLobby to play music

=== ZOOMPLAYER (disabled)
=== === PLAY
=== === === send command to ZoomPlayer to play video

As you can see, play button does different things in ZoomPlayer and Xlobby, because TASKSWITCH group disables/enables appropriate group when that program is active (forerground). In 2nd group, only 1 of ZOOM/XLOBBY is active.

I know it sounds a bit complicated, but once you set it up it works great, and you can add as many programs as you want.

D.
dalanik

Postby jsilva on Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:13 pm

Hi thanks again for you answer.

I do comand diferent programs with grider depending of wich is forground but the problem is that even with girder off the remote still works with xlobby, what is happening the remote is sending comands to xlobby even if it is minimised and ofcourse when I lounch mytheatre and girder sends the comands to it because it's the forground windows xlobby is receiving them as well so when I press up or down on mytheatre the same happens with xlobby.

What is happening is the X10 remote is coneecting to xlobby directly and there is no option to turn it of.

Maybe Steve could shed some light on this

Thanks
jsilva

Postby bymyhand on Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:02 am

Don’t feel alone, me and other people are experiencing the same issue. They built remote functionality right into the xlobby.exe. You will notice if you install an older version of xlobby it will fix this issue. There is no way to disable this, because xlobby automatically picks up the inputs from the driver or something. They really need to take this feature out or at least put in an option to disable it. For the time being just install an old version of xlobby. Oh wait… you can’t.. because it will kick you out because its “expired”. I just got a wireless keyboard. I already posted another bug report with no reply. Sigh… I say coming from working with the Girder support people Calrad needs to really pick up their support before they expect people to buy this software.

* EDIT *
I checked another post and it looks like they will be putting in the option to turn it off in the next release. But IMO I think this was quite a big thing to over look. This seems to be such an easy thing to catch while you’re doing testing before a release. Most of these people using xlobby are using it as a HTPC and most of them control it with a remote. I am all for putting new things in xlobby. But please… test it a little more next time before you release it. Especially because you make us upgrade to the newest version.
* EDIT *

ByMyHand
Last edited by bymyhand on Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
bymyhand

Postby wesblack on Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:23 am

See the post below about the Remote control issues. Unfortunately some posts do not get answered in different threads, we are posting responses to questions but sometimes users may find it necessary to search the forum as solutions may be in different posts. We are trying to focus on getting xLobby finished and are answering as many valid questions as we can during this time. Things are constantly evolving so sometimes it takes us time to provide the correct answers to certain questions. We will try our best to help everyone, thanks for your valid concerns and pointing this out.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5803&p=40160&hilit=#p40160

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:19 pm

Ok there is now a checkbox in Setup under "Misc"....it's called "X10 Remote Control Support" just uncheck it and restart xlobby.

Wes did tell me about this a while ago but this was something I didn't want to spend any time on since it would be removed anyways. So this is a temporary solution...what I mean is a remote control like the X10 remote will end up becomming a widget (might change that name) which in xlobby terms is a completely separate application that communicates with the new xlobby backend. There are huge benefits to this approach over plugins, I'm actually working on this right now.

download new version here
http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby_2.0.7188.9.exe
stevenhanna6

Postby bymyhand on Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:23 pm

Sweet!! thanks a bunch!!
bymyhand

Postby bymyhand on Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:45 pm

Nice that worked perfectly. Thanks again!
bymyhand