xlobby freeware

Speak your mind

xlobby freeware

Postby bobbyhill on Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:10 pm

can i download xlobby freeware?

i've tried the downloads page but that version tells me update to the latest version?
bobbyhill

Re: xlobby freeware

Postby sharp_1 on Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:37 pm

Welcome to the world of xLobby.

You can get a copy of the xLobby freeware version at my help pages site.
sharp_1

Postby bobbyhill on Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:31 am

Thanks sharp_1!

whats the community like around here now? i was signed up a cople of years back with big hopes for a home brew HTPC. Unfortunatley i had no where near enough knowledge of what the hell to do to get it set up! it just crossed my mind the other day and so i thought i'd give it another go but it appered to have gone commercial.
bobbyhill

Postby sharp_1 on Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:59 pm

You're welcome!!

The forum has been quiet lately. xLobby 3 is coming so I think guys are laying back waiting to see if it will be backward compatible with all the skins and plugins that so many have spent near a lifetime creating. If the skins and plugins work and v3 seems worth the cost I believe the forum will become vital again.

The freeware version is working and is available but we have lost many of the members that were critical to supporting it, so its hard to say whats going to happen with the freeware version since the learning curve is long enough already. We'll have to see what develops.

Now the freeware version can do just about anything you need it to but the biggest downfall with it is the severe lack of tv supprt which is a major stumbling block in the freeware versions. In order for xLobby3 to thrive I believe it needs to not only incorporate tv watching but also needs to be priced within the range of its competition. So again we'll see what happens.

Great to see you back taking another hard look at xLobby. Out of the box you should be able to get most of it working.

Good Luck!!!
sharp_1

Postby lpg on Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:38 am

At least one of the folks that was active on the forum is now working on V3. It seems Rika is now developing front ends for the new release.
lpg

Postby lpg on Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:40 am

bobbyhill wrote:Thanks sharp_1!

whats the community like around here now? i was signed up a cople of years back with big hopes for a home brew HTPC. Unfortunatley i had no where near enough knowledge of what the hell to do to get it set up! it just crossed my mind the other day and so i thought i'd give it another go but it appered to have gone commercial.

I know there are still many complaints about the last freeware version having some bugs. I have been running it though on my HPTC in my den for a whle and it is stable.

There are still enough folks around that if you have any questions we can help you from the ground up.

Larry
lpg

Postby bobbyhill on Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:36 pm

cheers guys, i'm gonna bury my head in a few of the guides floating around but i'm sure i'll have a question or two soon enough :D
bobbyhill

Postby zap on Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:26 am

So much of my house runs on the last free versions of xlobby, that it's frustrating to contemplate replacing all of it with anything else. Luckily, it all still works amazingly well.

It seems like I found this place just as xlobby as we know it was on the way out- I guess I missed the "good ol' days" when all this was being actively developed by the community here.

It'll be interesting to see what comes of V3, but in the meantime, many of us late-comers are still enjoying the fruit of everyone's tremendous efforts on V2.
zap