DOWNLOAD ColbySkin 2.0

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

DOWNLOAD ColbySkin 2.0

Postby Colby on Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:00 am

http://xlobby.incolby.com/Screenshots/ColbySkin2.jpg

ColbySkin2 is one of the earlier created skins. Created to simplify the orginial default skin, it has over 150 custom buttons and an unique overlay approach to give a blue glossy style perfect for touchscreen users. It is designed for 1024x768 screen resolution and is simple and easy to use. Download it Here!

First let me thank you all for showing interest in this skin. I decided to release the"AS IS" version because of the positive response I recieved. Let me tell you that I did spend a quite bit of time creating this skin even though its far from done. (I recreated every image and button, and then some.) The reason I created a skin in the first place was because the default skin didn't work well for me, I use a remote and a touchscreen, and I wanted a simple, well labled skin. This skin is completely customizable. There are no embedded text or images. (60% of you wanted a skin you could translate and manipulate anyway). I also included several additional buttons and images I created for the skin but didnt use; you are welcome to.

this skin was designed at 1024x768 for alpha 40v14 so will be best viewed at that resolution

ColbySkin is large. 12mb
1st:
Download the skin
http://xlobby.incolby.com/Zips/ColbySkin2.zip

2nd:
Unzip ColbySkin.zip in the Xlobby/skins folder.

3rd:
Set the resolution to 1024x728 and enjoy my skin!

More to Come! 8)
Last edited by Colby on Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Colby

Postby nemrod95 on Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:54 am

Thanks colby !

Your skin is very good, i test it now

you have done a big job....

it seems that your skin work well only with xlobby 40.2prealpha11

because with an older version of xlobby, it doesn't work for me
nemrod95

Postby C-moi on Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:12 am

Wonderful skin Colby !
Thanks for sharing your great work !
C-moi

Postby rika on Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:23 pm

Holy smoke, thats well done!!!!
rika

Postby edgley on Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:01 pm

Very nice, mate.

When it loads on mine, it seems that the internet page is already load, and the other menus appeaper over the top of it.

Once I move to the Internet button, it sorts itself out.

Okay, I think that was down to using an older version of X.

I am tryiny to get the trailers to work. I have a playlist with all of them in in the trailer directory, ZP opens when I click the button (I changed the ref from your player to mine).
I have kept the parameter the same, apart from I change the path to "%playlist%", but it doesnt play a trailer, nor does the window close when I press the button.

s.
edgley

Postby Colby on Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:19 pm

simon,
does your random trailers button not work?
does your "selected movie" play trailer not work? (from the moview overlay)
or neither?

I had this problem b4 with the random trailer, Here copy and paste this into your skin/colbyskin/eventgroups/ trailers xml. over the view random event

<event>
<name>view random</name>
<commands>
<command>
<type>os</type>
<execute>send message</execute>
<parameter>TMainForm</parameter>
<parameter>Zoom Player</parameter>
<parameter>32817</parameter>
<parameter>53</parameter>
<parameter>0</parameter>
</command>
<command>
<type>os</type>
<parameter>143</parameter>
<parameter>0</parameter>
</command>
<command>
<type>os</type>
<execute>execute file</execute>
<parameter>C:\Xlobby\zoomplayer\zplayer.exe</parameter>
<parameter>/X:20 /Y:149 /W:259 /H:220 /MOUSEOFF /Q"C:\Trailers\all.asx"</parameter>
<parameter></parameter>
<parameter>Top</parameter>
</command>
<command>
<type>timer</type>
<execute>wait</execute>
<parameter>100</parameter>
</command>
<command>
<type>os</type>
<parameter>80</parameter>
<parameter>1</parameter>
</command>
</commands>
</event>

You will still have to set up where your zp.exe is and trailers.asx are.
It seemed that it was loading the playlist but not executing play. I added a 100s delay and a play execute to the event. I got mine to work fine with this.

Hope this helps
Colby

Postby edgley on Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:12 pm

here is where i am at.

All my trailers live in E:\trailers
I have a playlist in there called trailer.zpl

I have changed code as you have said.

Under the Skin\trailer\random\ i have changed the path to where my copy of ZP is.

I have pasted this into the parameter box:
/X:20 /Y:149 /W:259 /H:220 /MOUSEOFF /Q"e:\trailers\trailer.zpl"

It opens, but nothing plays.
I know it is becuase I have made a stupid mistake, but that is because I jsut dont know what to do!

Sorry!

s.

Edit:

D'OH. here is the mistake. no bloody space between the /Q and "

it works!!

I presume that it should play all of them?

Now to get the close button to work.
edgley

Postby Roscoe62 on Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:28 am

Colby,

Sorry it's taken so long but I just had the first chance to try out your skin. Wow! You've obviously spent a LOT of time putting the graphics together there. This is a fantastic effort!

I have a favour to ask you. Would it be possible to grab the .psd files for your buttons? Especially the buttons that you would put labels on. I'm especially interested in the smaller buttons too, as I want to put together a good set of PPC screens. If that's not too much trouble please send it to me at

mailto:ross-n@xtra.co.nz

I'd like to start playing with a skin and you have, by far, the most comprehensive set of buttons around!

If you're able to accommodate the request Thanks again! :D

Ross
Roscoe62

Postby Lifter on Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:25 pm

Colby, the skin is absolutely fantastic.

Steven, I strongly suggest you package Colby's skin with Xlobby releases, and in fact I'd make his the default (if it's cool with him of course). You have no idea how many more people will be turned on to Xlobby if this is what it looks like "out of the box". I'm telling you, the skin sells it all (even though Xlobby is freeware now). This is the perfect style that average people want for an HTPC. It's like Media Center that's been infected with a dash of OS-X. Brilliant.

I'd have Colby's skin the default, and the current default skin like a "use this to customize your own skin" type of skin.
Lifter

Postby Colby on Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:27 pm

Would it be possible to grab the .psd files for your buttons? Especially the buttons that you would put labels on.

Roscoe Im not giving out the psd right now, but if you want, I included a button called "naked" in the additional buttons zip. You can make most any other button from that.

the skin is absolutely fantastic...I strongly suggest you package Colby's skin with Xlobby releases, and in fact I'd make his the default

That has got to be the nicest thing anyone has said yet. That was the whole point of this skin, to replace the default and make a clean simple interface. I wish steve would use it.
Colby

Good Job.. Shows the real potential of xlobby

Postby Yoshcoe on Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:39 pm

Hey Colby,
Just downloaded your skin and unzipped everything , just wanted to say very nice job! Certainly got peoples attention, i've only got it running on a laptop with a small music directory and a few photos at the mo cos i'm at work..
Just out of curiousity your search functions are they defined by what's in stevens code or can they be customised?
One game we've played at the tail end of some very long parties is picking a word and searching on that but on slim server for example it will return all songs / artists with that word anywhere in the tag ie horse would return crazyhorses, horse with no name etc
Anyway Nice one!
Yosh
Yoshcoe

Postby edgley on Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:13 pm

Hi Colby,

I can not seem to queue music in your skin.
Is there the equivelent of the Play / Queue / Album buttons that i am just not seeing?

Thanks!
edgley

Postby Colby on Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:21 pm

there is no need for que, play, add buttons in my skin. You click the album it opens the tracks, you click the track it adds it and plays. If you click another track it will add it to the playlist. If you want to add the entire album then click the yellow album name. Its that simple.
Colby

Postby edgley on Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:10 am

Thought it would be.

Mine seems to only allow one song to be playing, and one in the queue.

always something.

Also the close trailer button isnt working, any ideas please?

Thanks,

s.
edgley

Postby Colby on Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:55 am

Are you using 40exp11? and is youre winamp zone setup correctly? does winamp load when you open X? it wont work if you open winamp manually.

Also the close trailer button isnt working, any ideas please?

The close trailers button is NO TRAILERS and has one event called close, its a close zoomplayer command, which is a os>send message command
classname: TMainForm
windowname: Zoom Player
wparam: 53
iparam: 0

other than that I dont know.
Colby

Next