Adding new external device help.

Help each other out

Adding new external device help.

Postby foxxman on Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:44 am

Hello, I am very new to XL and would like to control a basic denon receiver(volume & misc controls) via IR through an USB-UIRT How do I go about creating a new entry and buttons for control?
foxxman

Re: Adding new external device help.

Postby sharp_1 on Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:47 pm

foxxman wrote:Hello, I am very new to XL and would like to control a basic denon receiver(volume & misc controls) via IR through an USB-UIRT How do I go about creating a new entry and buttons for control?

Press your pause/break button to bring up the skin editor. You should be able to take it from there. F2 brings up the setup module...events are assignable to buttons in the skin editor. Good Luck and Welcome to XL...be prepared for a change in your lifestyle.
sharp_1

Postby jowaldo on Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:31 pm

sharp_1 wrote:Press your pause/break button to bring up the skin editor. You should be able to take it from there. F2 brings up the setup module...events are assignable to buttons in the skin editor. Good Luck and Welcome to XL...be prepared for a change in your lifestyle.

Yeah don't forget there is some documentation on this site on how to do some basic skinning... it is kinda out of date, but it's still pretty close to the same. Once you get it down how to set up IR commands, and create macro's and etc.. you'll love it
jowaldo

Postby cmhardwick on Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:50 pm

Is the basic skinning guide still available? Wasn't it hosted on Colby's site?
cmhardwick

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:25 pm

You can find the document here:
http://xlobbystuff.googlepages.com/documents
Marbles_00