Multi-Zone Audio + Home Automation + Vista Media Center

Speak your mind

Multi-Zone Audio + Home Automation + Vista Media Center

Postby Aaron on Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:09 am

It has been a long while since I've done anything with XLobby so forgive me for not reading the last 2 years worth of posts and asking some questions...

Current Setup (to be revamped)

Homeseer 1.7 (working perfectly) w/ custom ASP pages (http://members.cox.net/ltek/hact.htm)

Many X10 devices

XBOX Media Center - for photos, music, videos, games, etc

Whole House, 6 Zone Audio, single source - only IR controlled

Goals

Use Homeseer for Home Automation of X10, Insteon, ZWave.

Duplicate of look/feel/functionality that my current Homeseer ASP pages have into an XLobby GUI

Use Vista MCE (due to nice GUI and SideShow capability) to replace XBMC for Photos/Video/etc
* note: SideShow remote allows total media control from anywhere in the home.

Questions

1) Is there currently a way to have XLobby query Homeseer so that GUI building is a total drag and drop / point n' click solution? IOW, can I simply pick from a list of my Homeseer events/devices and associate an image or set of images... slider buttons and animated images available for light dimming, fan states (on/off), etc?

2) Is XL's multi-zone audio control reliable? Does it allow zone sync?

3) Can XL embed screens into Vista MCE... I thinking mostly for home automation and multi-zone audio controls this would be nice.

I need all of this in the near future, e.g. <6 mo.

I'm not going to buy any more products that never deliver features I need or takes 1+ years to do so. And I no longer have time to script everthing myself so the above needs to be native and have minimal setup time... max of 1 day to fully setup.

Thanks for your input!
Aaron