xLiveShout v1.2.1

Xlobby plugin development

Re: xLiveShout v1.1

Postby defrag on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:44 pm

hangon - let me recheck everything
defrag

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:46 pm

One thing I had to do on mine was, since there is a hidden cat on the screen, specify WHICH category to page, don't just leave it blank. Setting this to Genres cleared up the issue for me.
cmhardwick

Postby defrag on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:51 pm

Just to be sure, I've rebuilt the zip from scratch. All is a fresh as baby's ......

Please redownload.
defrag

Postby Jay on Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:24 pm

cmhardwick wrote:One thing I had to do on mine was, since there is a hidden cat on the screen, specify WHICH category to page, don't just leave it blank. Setting this to Genres cleared up the issue for me.

OK, haven't played with the Cats yet.
Jay

Postby Jay on Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:25 pm

defrag wrote:Just to be sure, I've rebuilt the zip from scratch. All is a fresh as baby's ......

Please redownload.

on it. thanks
Jay

Postby Jay on Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:25 pm

Sharp_1, you had asked me to forward you the shoutcast plugin a few days ago as you were having probs. Got the latest now?
Jay

Postby scottw on Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:39 pm

Hey Defrag,

I know you are done with this plugin for now but figured I would let you know what I found out. I set the StartStationWatch with a var. of 2 (for 2 min) to load on page load of my shoutcast page and StopStationWatch with no var on page exit. On the page load it immediately refreshes which is cool and 2min later refreshes again (all is good) I leave the page and assume it runs the StopStationWatch command, I assume it does since my CPU was at a certain level and drops when I leave. I go back into the page and it does not refresh right away or after 2 min.

If I restart XL I get the first refresh as before and a refresh every 2 min until I leave the page and then nothing.

Just figured I let you know.

If anyone else has tried the auto-refresh please let me know what your results are and just as an FYI I am using the latest free version.

Thanks,
scottw

Postby sharp_1 on Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:50 am

Jay wrote:Sharp_1, you had asked me to forward you the shoutcast plugin a few days ago as you were having probs. Got the latest now?

Jay: Yes I do, thanks for checking...I just haven't been around to test the zoning that I wanted to yet. Should have some time this weekend. So far from what I can tell things are working but I don't have my zoning system up and running right now.
sharp_1

Postby scottw on Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:39 am

scottw wrote:Hey Defrag,

I know you are done with this plugin for now but figured I would let you know what I found out. I set the StartStationWatch with a var. of 2 (for 2 min) to load on page load of my shoutcast page and StopStationWatch with no var on page exit. On the page load it immediately refreshes which is cool and 2min later refreshes again (all is good) I leave the page and assume it runs the StopStationWatch command, I assume it does since my CPU was at a certain level and drops when I leave. I go back into the page and it does not refresh right away or after 2 min.

If I restart XL I get the first refresh as before and a refresh every 2 min until I leave the page and then nothing.

If anyone else has tried the auto-refresh please let me know what your results are and just as an FYI I am using the latest free version.

Thanks,

Just wondering if this was just me or does anyone else have the same effects. Just wanted to know if it was something I was doing wrong :D
scottw

Postby defrag on Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:24 am

Hi Scott,

I'm just in the process of rebuilding my shoutcast page in my own skin (that always sounds painful) so I will test this over the next few days. Been hampered by too much real work and a nasty dose of flu so not much xlobby-ing recently. In fact I've just had a quick play now and I think I know where there may be a bug :shock:

I'll let you know soon.
defrag

Postby cmhardwick on Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:13 pm

defrag wrote:In fact I've just had a quick play now and I think I know where there may be a bug

you mean other than inside you? ;)
cmhardwick

Postby defrag on Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:04 pm

yeah my plugin is covered in snot :mrgreen:

update soon
defrag

Postby cmhardwick on Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:57 pm

EEEWWWW!!! I'm sticking with the current version then!

Where's my Lysol! :lol:
cmhardwick

Postby dhcf23 on Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:37 pm

scottw wrote:
scottw wrote:Hey Defrag,

Thanks,

Just wondering if this was just me or does anyone else have the same effects. Just wanted to know if it was something I was doing wrong :D

Hi Scott, I am in the process of integrating this into one of my skins and noticed something similar. It never seemed to be updating after the initial update when I opened the page, but I may have been in and out of the page before I really noticed. I will check this out when I get home tonight and see if is happening the same way as you mentioned.

and a big thanks to defrag for this plug in...I'm one step closer to the wife allowing all if this to move to the living room. Now I have to convince her that we "need" a touchscreen too!!
dhcf23

Postby cmhardwick on Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:40 pm

Need a touchscreen ... YEAH If you come up with a convincing argument that works, SHARE WITH THE REST OF US! ;)
cmhardwick

PreviousNext