Internal media player video only in theater mode.

V3 help and support questions

Internal media player video only in theater mode.

Postby Jay on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:20 pm

I'm sure this is NOT a XL issue but an ATI one. Maybe someone can shed some light. Version 3.
Have Cyberlink Power DVD 7.3 Ultimate. Vid works fine. Have Vista Graph File for Pwr DVD 7 and AC-3. Have ATI 2400 HD series card with component out and Catylist Control Center.
Had video on ver. 2 until I substituted a touch screen for monitor 2. Was playing with cloning to control XL. No good because of diff screen shapes.
I could never get the internal player to display video after that. I'm back in extended desktop mode.

So, I decided to jump into XL ver. 3 and try to get video back. I can get the video to play fine in ATI theater mode on monitor 2 (letterbox). But, I just have black screen in the player space on my 1680 x 1050 monitor 1. Audio is fine. If I hit full screen, you can see that the black area doesn't fill the screen. If I then hit settings, I still don't but the black area moves. I've been playing with this on and off for over a month.
Anyone? The 2 pix are in reverse order.
Attachments
after_settings.jpg
full_screen.jpg
Jay

Re: Internal media player video only in theater mode.

Postby billberet on Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:01 am

is this the default page, meaning did you make any changes to it.

i have had it where i get video on the xlobby screen but a black screen on the TV (component out)
this always happens when i play with codecs.
i usually reinstall all the codecs again zoomplayer max, then ffdshow, then ac3, then cyberlink (in that order)
this way i get all the best codecs, but the final one is cyberlink, the one i am using for movies.

after the install, everything always goes back to normal. and i have ripped my machine apart several times, new processors, motherboards, soundcards, i've done about everything, and no matter what machine i am working on, if i installed those programs in that order, everything played well, including MKV's which used to give me an issue.

then i used the cyberlink graph file inside xlobby.

when i configured the video_t's i removed it from the file type under zoomplayer. then i created a new file type and associated cyberlink to the video_t's
this way ONLY cyberlink is being used for movies.

i hope this helps a bit
:)

I've also spoken with my Tec team at work and they said ATI and vista do not work well together and there is no way around it.
that's why i scrapped my vista project and went with xp. the issue comes from the catylist control center, the trick to making it work is installing the drivers manually without installing the ccc, but that means you don't get all the functionality that the ccc program gives you.
have you thought of making an xp machine?
billberet

Postby Jay on Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:55 pm

Thanks Bill.
I haven't touched the player screen. I just downloaded the most recent build. Full install.
I looked at another Vista machine running XL V2 (NVIDIA) which works perfectly. I don't have ANY file associations except for VLC.
I don't have ffdshow in either machine. I used to have it in both.
On the problem pc, the Power DVD setup items in the filter config are grayed out (brightness, etc.). They work fine on the other one.

I think I'll get an NVIDIA card for the problem one. XL is not an option.
Meanwhile, I'll install VLC.

Dumb question. Since I can turn on theather mode and watch videos on the 2nd monitor, what is the player? All of the XL internal player's controls work fine controlling movies on the 2nd screen.
Jay

Postby billberet on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:06 pm

i'm not too sure on the internal player, Wes might have to answer that one, but the way i THINK it works.

xlobby plays a movie with it's internal player
the file type chooses the program drivers to use, and the graph file directs the output a/v

can anyone correct me on this, this is my educated guess.
billberet

Postby Jay on Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:23 pm

Maybe I need a copy of graphedit to check. Good call.
Jay

Postby billberet on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:08 pm

you use the same cyberlink i have, is that the graph file you are using.
cyberlink power dvd 7 ultra
and don't forget to install ac3, cause that graph files uses it.
billberet

Postby Jay on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:06 pm

I looked at both graphs and they are the same. Yes, it's DVD7 ultra + AC3.

However, I just installed the Catylist and card driver dejour and I now have the movies playing in the player on the DVI/HDMI screen. Finally!

The non-full screen image is very small - maybe a 1/4 of the player are and offset toward the top and left. When I hit full screen, it's like the second picture in my first post but with video. It's larger but offset toward the top and left.

I had installed ffdshow to no effect, before I found the latest ATI suite I just put in. I'll uninstall ffdshow again before I go any further.

Next I'll carefully look at the new Catylist app for sizing and positioning tweaks.

Well, after some Grey Goose :wink:
Jay