Jowaldo's Skin - Beta 2.1 - UPDATED for resource manager

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Re: french translation

Postby jowaldo on Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:30 am

ricoceleron wrote:Great job on your skin jowaldo!!
I loved it so much that i already translated it in french but i need your permission to post it on the french forum and french site...
hoping you will say "yes"..thanx for your great work and looking further for your next releases!!
:lol:

Of course, that's is totally fine. :)
jowaldo

Postby ricoceleron on Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:53 am

ricoceleron

Postby jowaldo on Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:01 pm

Wow... very cool to see my skin in French :)
jowaldo

Postby ricoceleron on Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:26 pm

Glad you like it!! JOWALDO :lol:
still have a little probleme :
seems i can't translate the button on the upper left corner (orange one) ??? the one that says music on the music page or movies on movie page etc..keeps the same name for all pages once i changed it through the skin editor??? i don't know what to do or where to change it ?
menu.xml???do you see what i mean and do you have an idea??
thanx for your time...
ricoceleron

Postby jowaldo on Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:41 pm

ricoceleron wrote:Glad you like it!! JOWALDO :lol:
still have a little probleme :
seems i can't translate the button on the upper left corner (orange one) ??? the one that says music on the music page or movies on movie page etc..keeps the same name for all pages once i changed it through the skin editor??? i don't know what to do or where to change it ?
menu.xml???do you see what i mean and do you have an idea??
thanx for your time...

They are set to be multiscreen... If you click the text, (make sure you aren't clicking the green box behind it, they are close to the same size so it can be decieving) on the default tab in the skin editor, multiscreen should be checked and if you go to the advanced tab, you will see highlighted all the screen that specific text will show up on. So if you change it on any one of those pages, it will change to all the linked pages. I did that so if you want to change the font style/size/position, you'd only have to change it once for each category.

I hope that makes sense... let me know if you need any more info..
jowaldo

Postby ricoceleron on Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:29 pm

Cool that makes sens..i tried to figure it out and that's exactly what i thought when i saw that "multiscreen" was checked and that i got highlighted items in advanced tab but since i'm pretty much a newbie with xlobby i'd rather ask before...well i'm gona try to fix that little problem on the french skin and will be all set!
thanx a zillion for your wonderful work on that skin! and for your pretty quick answers on my questions....that's what i call "support"! :wink:
ricoceleron

Postby jowaldo on Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:07 pm

yeah there are quite a few things in my skin if you play around in it that are set up as multiscreen... I really tried hard to make sure that I used it where it would really make things handy like this.
jowaldo

Postby Arthur on Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:49 am

Jowaldo,
Any news on the pre17 release, which removes all colored items? It restored the colors but then, when I reboot everything is black again. Is there already a new version of xlobby which doesn't have this porblem?

Arthur
Arthur

Postby jowaldo on Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:20 pm

Yeah sorry about the delay... I need to do some more work to it, but I got a good start on the resources, and applying it to all the text and shapes.

Now it should be easy to change the text and shape color real (and quickly) easy if you want. I wouldn't recommend changing the font size or type to much yet unless you are ready to do some major tweaking to get it all to fit just right.

I'm sure there are some things I may have missed... everyone please let me know anything that needs to be fixed still, and I will try and get it done for the next release.

Here is a new test for now...

http://members.cox.net/xlobby/jowaldo-beta3test.zip

Let me know what you guys think
Last edited by jowaldo on Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jowaldo

Postby Arthur on Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:25 am

It seems the zip file is corrupted:
Here is part of the winzip log
Code: Select all
Extracting mainmusic.png
bad CRC 785f72ad  (should be 15f59723)
Interrupted

can you repost it?

Arthur
Arthur

Postby blaze on Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:51 am

Arthur wrote:It seems the zip file is corrupted:
Here is part of the winzip log
Code: Select all
Extracting mainmusic.png
bad CRC 785f72ad  (should be 15f59723)
Interrupted

can you repost it?

Arthur

I get the same also :(
blaze

Postby Chazotta on Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:11 am

The download link doesn't work. Is there a new one?
Chazotta

Postby jowaldo on Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:22 pm

Sorry for the long delay... I don't know why it wasn't working. I'd create a zip, even test unzipping it before I uploaded it, and it worked fine. Then every time I'd upload it, then download it and test it, it was corrupted... I tried again today re-doing it, then it worked. Argh...

The other link is fixed, and here it is again... http://members.cox.net/xlobby/jowaldo-beta3test.zip
jowaldo

Postby Arthur on Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:49 pm

:D Download link works fine
:D On startup , the skin is full color,
:cry: After a restart of xlobby (with the experimental version 40.2 prerelease 21) all colors are gone. I think I will have to go one step back in version :cry:
Which version of xlobby do you use?

Arthur
Arthur

Postby jowaldo on Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:09 pm

the latest one...

its here at the moment...

http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2.zip

let me know if that fixes it or not...
jowaldo

PreviousNext