simple video and xlobby

title says it all

simple video and xlobby

Postby fredw on Sun May 14, 2006 2:04 pm

hey gang not sure if anybody is interested or not, but i just figured out how to get the free dvd/video player simplevideo (a old my htpc player) to work with xlobbys movie section. its a nice clean easy to use dvd/video player , i've been using it for a couple of years now. i think you can still down load it from the old myhtpc forum. if not maybe i can upload it somewhere if somebody wants to host it. i had to give it the command line /drive=%playlist% and it works great . it has its own on screen controls and needs a dvd player installed on your system (likewindvd) to work but it looks great on a tv .

fred
fredw

Postby GFORCE on Tue May 16, 2006 1:16 pm

email it to mailto:nathan@i-onsystems.com and post a detailed setup guide here.

ill organise hosting for it
GFORCE

Postby fredw on Tue May 16, 2006 10:11 pm

ok email sent hope you can make sense of it i really SUCK at how tos lol.
you can still down load simplevideo here http://meedio.com/myhtpc/pub/simpleVideo/

if my email dosen't go thru
its a very versitile player and its creally small (about 644kb) it uses the codecs from a dvd player that you already have installed on your system ( like windvd or powerdvd) it has on screen buttons and graphics that are made for a tv. it will also play other video files. i use it to play my dvds stored on my hasrddrives and as my main dvd player.

fred
fredw

Postby GFORCE on Sun May 28, 2006 4:21 pm

i cannot get it to play my video files.

it says DVD Directory Error
GFORCE

Postby fredw on Mon May 29, 2006 10:13 pm

ok like i said i suck at how tos,
but if you go to the read me simple video file thats included in the set up it gives you all the different parameters you need for different files. you'l have to change it to work with xlobby like i did for dvds .
/drive=%playlist% where it says playlise (which is the xlobby command) it used to have some symbols |@@| or something like that. if you do the same thing to the file parameter given in the simplevideo readme it should work

fred
hope that made some form of sense :oops:
fredw

Postby GFORCE on Tue May 30, 2006 4:07 pm

ill do abit more research into it and ill get back to you.
GFORCE