xLobby and xLobby Supporters

Check here for the latest news on what is going on

xLobby and xLobby Supporters

Postby wesblack on Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:49 pm

I hope everyone on the forum is happy with the progress we have made so far with xLobby V3. We continue to move forward and navigate our long list of feature requests and to improve the user experience. It's been a little quiet around here lately but given the economic issues that people and families are dealing with it's hard to dedicate your spare time on things like xLobby.

Once again we really appreciate our solid supporters of the xLobby platform and those users who spend there valuable time here on the forum to help others and to help us improve xLobby........!

Some other items to mention.

1. We will be opening the online store soon to provide access to some cool hardware and accessories.

2. New xLobby client harware will be available very soon, I will be posting some eary images and design concepts

3. Finaly a list of user events and variables along with more details of setting up the services.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Re: xLobby and xLobby Supporters

Postby PhilB on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:03 pm

I am happy with the massive reconstruction that is v3. It is so much easier to skin compared with v2.

I would like to see some information on "services" as I have still to set up my Insteon. I also would like to see a little information on how to use X-10 directly from XL without Girder.

I hope your on-line store is up soon. There are some things I would buy if I could directly. Hoping you support all your products there and accept Paypal!

Thanks,
PB
PhilB

Postby samsonlov on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:46 am

Finaly a list of user events and variables along with more details of setting up the services.

This will be a much-anticipated bonus for me. I've been wanting a list of user variables since v2, and I am very excited to read that one is forthcoming.

Will the list include ALL the variables AND their functions?

As requested on 2009-02-11 in Mantis (Issue 0000362):
These lists will define the name and behavior of each command, event, id tag, and variable that are available in XLobby.

Many events, commands, and variables have several variations and provide different or identical results/data.
like:

[music/album open] vs. [music/album play] vs. [music/play] vs. [music/play all db filter] vs. [music/play file] vs. [music/play playlist named] vs. [music/playlist play] vs. [music/track play] etc...

and

[%music>selectionsubitems%] vs. [%musicdetails>selectionsubitems%] vs. [%tracknumber%], etc...

Please please please yes.

And Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
(For getting the list posted "ASAP".)

I appreciate all the progress and excellent support.

V3 Rocks, and Wes and Steven: You guys (and the rest of the XLobby team) are awesome!
samsonlov

Postby billberet on Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:06 am

i agree, you guys are the best, not to mention you put up with all of our bull

great product, and support from both the developers and the forums.

it's a tinkerers dream !!!!
and boy do i love to tinker.
billberet