Zoneskin3 Release - Final Public Update 12/9/07 www

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby scottw on Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:08 pm

No problem, thanks for checking :D
scottw

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:20 pm

Im not sure if correctly understanded what do u guys mean by global toggle, and im lazy to read it all...

... but just as a thought, the togglecats i implemented in xPerT are based on category selection, so the good question is, if the category selection is global, mayby that would just work...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:24 pm

P3rv, I'm going to have to sit down now and really look at Togglecats. I've been so into looking at alternative DSP setups, and future things for the skin...maybe, I should try out some enhanced features such as Togglecats.

Thanks for the input.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:38 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:I should try out some enhanced features such as Togglecats.

Dont try older features though... many of them are currently broken...

Lets hope i did manage to make togglecats right on first time. Cause thing is since xPerT source is middle of changes, i cant easily fix things. Not to mention that motivation is not really high right now.

Anycase if u run to probs with them just ask before spending too much time with them, because theyre not awfully much debugged...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Re: Zoneskin3 Release - Update 2/6/07 www

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:50 am

Updated June 2, 2007

Minor graphics change and created a new install executable.

See first post for download.
Marbles_00

Re: Zoneskin3 Release - Update 2/6/07 www

Postby fletch on Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:00 am

Marbles_00,

Did you remove the kXd and Xpert tools from the installer? I want to start looking into the zoning aspects of xLobby, and you seem to have done a lot of work in that area. So I downloaded your Zoneskin 3, and reading the documentation you've done it indicates that there should be an application folder. I don't seem to have this.

Aaron

By the way thanks for the Kx driver documentation as well. I used it to setup 2 old SB Live cards I had laying around. So I've got 4 separate zones going, thanks to the instructions.
fletch

Re: Zoneskin3 Release - Update 8/7/07 www

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:53 am

A BIG Ooppss!!!

Updated and can be downloaded in the first link.

Sorry about that.
Marbles_00

Re: Zoneskin3 Release - Update 16/7/07 www

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:04 pm

Added alphabeticallized categories (by database) to album screens. So now you can select either 0-9 or A-Z for the artist, then select which artist within that letter/number selected, then the album/track to listen to. Both album screens and ppc screens have been updated. Hopefully this will increase the WAF! :wink: Download installer link at the start of first post. Picture of new/changed screens have been added here. View first post for new/additional images.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
Marbles_00

Re: Zoneskin3 Release - Final Public Update 12/9/07 www

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:44 am

This is my final public update for this skin...reason being is that I'm contiplating doing some major changes to the skin, and outright developing a new one. I'm currently thinking about how it will all flow. Also my Mirage skin has made some huge changes, so I'm currently trying to finish that one off.

See first post to what was updated and to download.

Enjoy.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:29 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:reason being is that I'm contiplating doing some major changes to the skin, and outright developing a new one. I'm currently thinking about how it will all flow.

Very glad to see u back in working even these uncertain times. Any change of revealing your new ideas early :)
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:29 pm

glad to see u back in working even these uncertain times

Hey, even if the cost is well above my head...which it most likely will be...I mean I have "other obligations" that will...or will not allow for a purchase like that. Hard to justify to a non-techi, that I need the latest and greatest, especially when it was free at one point...hence I'll keep on using the freebie version...and just work around the bugs, so unless I get banned...I'm not going anywhere in the short while. Hey that's one primary reason why I'm using an antiquated 733 PIII at home as my workhorse, and I haven't got the HTPC setup yet. If it were up to me, I'd have all the toys....though I'd be living in a box...have no electricity to use the latest and greatest...have no money, as I'd be taken to the cleaners...... :lol: .

As for your question:
I'm kinda going now towards matrixing multiple sources to zones...as per the example I laid out a few months ago. I'm finding a greater need for it. This will mean that each instance of winamp will no longer be a "zone" but more a "source". Doing so, I will be able to get rid of 3 winamp instances. Each "floor" (Mainfloor consisting of Livingroom, Familyroom, Backyard, Garage, and Upstairs consisting of Bath/Master, Bedroom2, Bedroom3) will have 3 "sources" of winamp which will be allowed to switch into any room on that "floor" at any time (for albums and shoutcast), a line-in source, which will be shared between the "floors", and one instance of winamp for a whole house sync (much how I do the whole house sync currently).

Gone will be the Zonemap...yes...gone :cry: . Reason being that it will be too hard I think to tie the source music to each individual zone at any given time (honestly, I haven't really looked that far into the future..who knows, maybe it can be done). The bigger reason is that truely, I don't have any reason for it as I do most of my control with a PPC. This is not to say that I'm not going to have some sort of association process in place...I most certainly will.

Also gone (as explained in my last release), is the Now Playing screen saver. It is pretty cool, and I thank Buddabing for contributing it...as well, I fully endorse people to download it and try it out, unfortunately, again in my setup, there is no pratical reason for using it.

A new DIY addition I'm thinking about adding as well, is an external matrix switch that I will be able to control via Girder. This will allow me to break up the line-ins, and have multiple sources. Meaning that each "floor" will be able to listen to a different external source (either the AM/FM Tuner, or IPOD dock, CD/DVD Player etc.) All these could be docked at different locations of the house then. Unfortunately this makes that portion of the skin personable...and it will most likely be a future "phase".

Lot's of cool things going on in the house of Marbles...stay tuned.
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:03 pm

Sounds awesome can't wait to see it :D

Make sure you look at the VAC route as well. I have 3 sources (Music Player 1, Music Player 2 and Radio which equals 3 instances of Winamp) and 6 zones and can play any of the sources at any room (or all rooms) on the fly (in the middle of a song), skinning it is a different story though. I do have mine working on a zone map but I am sure it could be made more simple but my motivation is down until I find out how much XL is going to cost. Do I play the money for the new version or stick with the old, I am getting tired of making half-a$$ed work arounds when the final product should have it built in.

If you have any questions about my setup please don't hesitate to ask :D

Edit: Sorry I just saw your sneak peek, I have not been here in a while.....looks great!!!!
scottw

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:53 am

New download location. View first post to download.

Thanks sharp.
Marbles_00

Previous