Multizone Audio

Help each other out

Re: Multizone Audio

Postby WannaTheater on Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:03 pm

You will need to create a separate button for each event for each zone. So you would need to have button in each separate zone for play, pause, etc...

So each button would
1) Set the zone
2) Implement the function (play/pause/vol, etc)

But this still doesn't get me the information about what is CURRENTLY playing in the zone, correct?
I am looking for something like Zone>1>Artist...

Is there a plugin which pulls these variables from WinAmp?
WannaTheater

Postby sharp_1 on Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:39 pm

But this still doesn't get me the information about what is CURRENTLY playing in the zone, correct?
I am looking for something like Zone>1>Artist...

Take a look at what defrag was saying...you just need to change the zone numbers.

defrag wrote:Take a look at the source of the multizone screen in the default skin (both free and pay).

In there I found:

%zone>1>status%
zone>1>image (note no %)
%zone>current%
%zone>1>synch%
sharp_1

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:41 pm

no. and theres no reason 2 implement 1 as long as u can hack around as per my above post.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby WannaTheater on Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:19 pm

sharp_1- I fully understand what defrag was saying. But those variables do not give me what I am looking for.

I started this thread looking for a way to access variables for what was playing in each zone to create something like the following
http://xlobby.com/images/screenshots2/Music%20Multi%20Zone.jpg

My initial question:
It is possible to directly pull from a variable information from each of the zones? (coverart, artist, title?)
Something like %zonename>albumname%, or %zonename>cover%
(basically looking for music category variables - artist, genre, year, etc ) BUT referenced from a ZONE

From what I can tell, using built-in XLobby variables I can only get the current zone name and the image; nothing more.
WannaTheater

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:35 pm

Mayby it could be possible to make zone plugin i was brainstorming earlier also to parse down the zone>status variable so it could provide user with direct access to atomic information it contains... too bad no volunteer coder has not yet sign up :?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby scottw on Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:16 am

WannaTheater wrote:sharp_1- I fully understand what defrag was saying. But those variables do not give me what I am looking for.

I started this thread looking for a way to access variables for what was playing in each zone to create something like the following
http://xlobby.com/images/screenshots2/Music%20Multi%20Zone.jpg

My initial question:
It is possible to directly pull from a variable information from each of the zones? (coverart, artist, title?)
Something like %zonename>albumname%, or %zonename>cover%
(basically looking for music category variables - artist, genre, year, etc ) BUT referenced from a ZONE

From what I can tell, using built-in XLobby variables I can only get the current zone name and the image; nothing more.

Have you tried the %zone>1>status% variable? That should get you the Artist, Album, Trackname and Track Duration. The zone>1>image will get you the cover. The only thing you are missing is the independent volume control and volume status, right?
scottw

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:32 am

Yeah, with the free version of xlobby, I'm not aware of anyway to get back zone volume unless that zone is the currently controlled zone, or if using KxD/PervTalk...but then, using KxD solution, you won't get back the winamp volume status...but the KX DSP status.

As everyone else has stated %zone>#>status% will give you artist/album/track and elapsed/total time.
Marbles_00

Postby sharp_1 on Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:39 am

Scottw and Marbles_00:

What version of freelobby and winamp are you using...just noticed that I am not able to zone set and get proper %zone>status%???
sharp_1

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:50 am

Sharp r u sure u r running xnet?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby sharp_1 on Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:07 am

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:Sharp r u sure u r running xnet?

Thanks...I forgot about that. Thanks Bear!!!
sharp_1

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:12 am

sharp_1 wrote:
P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:Sharp r u sure u r running xnet?

Thanks...I forgot about that. Thanks Bear!!!

np been there 2 :) sry 2 b brief, online with ps3 n 6axis :)
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby WannaTheater on Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:16 am

Marbles - Thank You!
I did not know that "Status" provided the information I was looking for....
Every time I have tried to use this variable it has only provided me with the NAME of the zone.
I will try again...
WannaTheater

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:40 am

If no music has been selected, then it will only show the name of the zone. As soon as music is selected via winamp, then the status is shown....and it all depends on how big you make your text box field.

And about that image you show...what I find strange is that it would appear that zone 1 was the current zone controlled...as the same music is displayed both in zone 1 status, and the info at the bottom of the screen...yet if you look at volume, the status volume indicates 95%, while the info at the bottom of the screen indicates volume to be at 27%. Now this could be a few things like the info at the bottom of the screen is a totally separate enitity from the zones...or it could be a simple bug. I don't know enough about the pre-releases to understand how they work...but it is interesting.
Marbles_00

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:24 pm

Marbles - Thank You!
I did not know that "Status" provided the information I was looking for....

Oh, before I forget again...I'm humble enough...don't thank me...the other guys had already mentioned the status command before. They're the ones to thank. :wink:
Marbles_00

Postby WannaTheater on Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:31 pm

I graciously thank you all. :D
Sometimes I need to be hit in the head with a brick.
I wish I could just RTFM, but there isn't really a FM :)

As a quick working solution, I created pause, next, prev, vol+, vol-, and clear pl for each of my zones.... using the set command before each action.

Has anyone managed to parse the Status variable, i.e. pull everything out into individual variables?
WannaTheater

PreviousNext