Question - Winamptv - will it work

Speak your mind

Question - Winamptv - will it work

Postby jimmyb on Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:51 am

I am playing around with an inheirted TV / FM card. I finally got the FM to work with TV after tweaking the BT8x8 drivers off source forge. I then found a radio software called Radiator. This software can be run from command line. This made me think I could setup buttons for commands in Xlobby to drive the stations .. voila I can play FM radio thru XL, but only from the one computer since I can't seem to send commands across LAN. Then along came this addin for Winamp.

My question, before I spend too much time, is if in fact this works thru Winamp and it is now my music player, shouldn't I then be able to control the FM radio and even the TV thru the zone setup???

Wow, if this is possible I will be one happy camper and close to done with my whole house setup (well never really done :)).
jimmyb

Postby jimmyb on Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:48 pm

Well, since I did not get any answers I went ahead anyway. Just as I thought. I wasted my time!!! Seems that we cannot control "play file" events over the zones. What do I have to do to control this app over the xnet?
jimmyb

Postby rhinoman on Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:06 am

I dont know what version you are using but the play file command does now work across zones, Steve fixed it a few months ago. I use it to control a radio stream coming from my shoutcast server.
rhinoman

Postby jimmyb on Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:30 pm

Thanks Rhino, that's a start. Since I am using the latest, can you tip me off on your settings. Do I just make events to "play file". Again it worked on fat server but not fat client. I since changed to entering the ".vlc" as database entries but still no control from client over zone.
jimmyb

Postby rhinoman on Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:44 pm

Yes you do need a play file event made. The button I assigned to that command works fine wether or not its from a server or fat client.
rhinoman