xlobby sending IR to receiver ect with USBUIRT, possible?

Speak your mind

Postby dgemily on Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:40 pm

art wrote:just need some free time and that's hard to find lately :wink:

Strange, I have the same problem... LOL :lol:
dgemily

Controling Xlobby Via remote

Postby JPRosiak on Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:45 am

So I have a MX-500 remote and want to use Xlobby as an On screen guide for those features I don't use that often. i.e. adjusting the gain levels of my surround speakers.

How can I use my MX-500 to control the up, down, left, right, and enter commands?
JPRosiak

Re: Controling Xlobby Via remote

Postby art on Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:08 pm

JPRosiak wrote:How can I use my MX-500 to control the up, down, left, right, and enter commands?

You can do it in few different ways... If you have wireless IR keyboard like airboard you can teach your MX directly from your keyboard, or if you have girder, program any IR commands to the pad on MX and let girder send up, down etc to whatever program you want, or there is plugin for USBUIRT (if you have it) for xlobby (I didn't try this plugin, so I'm not sure how well it works).
I have airboard and XM500 and was able to teach MX all the keys I needed directly from this keyboard, including mouse movement - of 'course only up, down, right and left with right and left click but that's just a limitation of the pad on MX....
art

Re: Controling Xlobby Via remote

Postby JPRosiak on Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:46 am

art wrote:You can do it in few different ways... If you have wireless IR keyboard like airboard you can teach your MX directly from your keyboard, or if you have girder, program any IR commands to the pad on MX and let girder send up, down etc to whatever program you want, or there is plugin for USBUIRT (if you have it) for xlobby (I didn't try this plugin, so I'm not sure how well it works).

So I know how do I get XLOBBY to recognize an IR call for it to accept and not send?
JPRosiak

Postby art on Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:00 am

OK, give some more details, what do you use - USBUIRT?, girder? ....
art

More info

Postby JPRosiak on Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:40 pm

I am using USBUIRT, Xlobby, and an mx-500 remote.
JPRosiak

Re: More info

Postby art on Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:01 am

JPRosiak wrote:I am using USBUIRT, Xlobby, and an mx-500 remote.

Well, I guess the best way for you is to use USBUIRT plugin for xlobby and teach xlobby your IR codes directly, see this post
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1686

Edit: Like I said before, I didn't use this plugin, so check with other users as well...
art

Previous