Jowaldo's Skin - Beta 2.1 - UPDATED for resource manager

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby jowaldo on Mon May 24, 2004 6:51 pm

archerkit wrote:Ooops, I shoulda mentioned that. It's on the music page - regardless of the view (Quick/Albums/Playlists) the add button is displayed and functional, but no "Add" text.

What resolution are you running?

All of my add buttons say "queue" instead of "add"... I keep going back and forth on what I like better, but you could quickly change it to "add".

I originally designed the skin for 800x600... anything smaller, or 16x9 could have made it cut out the text since it may not fit. The word queue fills up pretty much the whole size of the button. Try editing the text, or resizing the button and see what happens.
jowaldo

Postby archerkit on Mon May 24, 2004 6:56 pm

Aha! That did the trick. I am testing it on my desktop (too impatient to wait until I get home) and was running at 1280x1024. Interesting because at that resolution, no "queue" text shows up. At 1024x768, it says "Que.." and at 800x600 it's fine.

thanks for the insight!
archerkit

Postby jowaldo on Mon May 24, 2004 8:20 pm

thats strange it worked that way... but good to know now
jowaldo

Postby gravy on Tue May 25, 2004 11:25 pm

Jowaldo excellent work - I especiallly appreciated the PPC screens.

The only tweaks i added were:

1. Zone selection
2. Clear playlist
3. Clear filters

Outstanding. There seems to be an intermittent bug (not specific to your skin) in regards to the PPC input? I can't duplicate (yet) the scenario which causes it to stop responding to taps on the alphabet letters... I'll keep trying to pin it down and report to Stephen.

Thanks so much!
gravy

Postby jowaldo on Wed May 26, 2004 3:39 pm

Yeah I have been having intermittent problems just on the client period... Steven told me he is going to be just working on bug fixes soon.
jowaldo

Postby jowaldo on Wed May 26, 2004 4:23 pm

gravy wrote:Jowaldo excellent work - I especiallly appreciated the PPC screens.

The only tweaks i added were:

1. Zone selection
2. Clear playlist
3. Clear filters

Would you mind sharing (maybe screenshots?) how you added zone selection... I don't use that feature, so I'm not sure what way would be the most convienient.... but i would like to add it
jowaldo

Postby gravy on Wed May 26, 2004 10:26 pm

jowaldo wrote:Yeah I have been having intermittent problems just on the client period... Steven told me he is going to be just working on bug fixes soon.

Ah ok great. I see what you mean - It was happening on my PC client and on the server itself for me last night. Hopefully Stephen will come to the rescue.

I'll post some shots of the zone stuff. its reallllly straight forward, i just added it to one of your overlays. and assigned a button zone>next, and gave it the text zone>current.

FYI to anyone caring, I have 3 zones and a Delta 410.
gravy

Postby jowaldo on Wed May 26, 2004 11:01 pm

gravy wrote:
jowaldo wrote:Yeah I have been having intermittent problems just on the client period... Steven told me he is going to be just working on bug fixes soon.

Ah ok great. I see what you mean - It was happening on my PC client and on the server itself for me last night. Hopefully Stephen will come to the rescue.

I'll post some shots of the zone stuff. its reallllly straight forward, i just added it to one of your overlays. and assigned a button zone>next, and gave it the text zone>current.

Do you think I should add a zone chooser to the little music note overlay popup on the music screens? Or should I add a multizone button directly on the main music pages?
jowaldo

Postby gravy on Thu May 27, 2004 2:23 am

jowaldo wrote:
gravy wrote:

Do you think I should add a zone chooser to the little music note overlay popup on the music screens? Or should I add a multizone button directly on the main music pages?

I added it to the music note overlay - its not a function that you're constantly changing, so I don't think it needs "prime" real estate?

Hopefully some other "zoners" will chime in, but I'm thinking the overlay is a nice spot? (by the way, thanks again ... i'm using your skin right now to listen to Diana Krall upstairs and Skinlab in the home theater...)

Each click of the red button changes to the next zone and updates the text.

gravy

Postby jowaldo on Thu May 27, 2004 4:08 pm

nice :)

So did you find it easy to resize all the shapes to get it to fit to your needs?
jowaldo

Postby gravy on Thu May 27, 2004 6:57 pm

jowaldo wrote:nice :)

So did you find it easy to resize all the shapes to get it to fit to your needs?

I sure did, J - mighty extensible skin you got goin on there! I absolutely love the PPC aspect to this. Expensive toy, but darn powerful with xlobby and girder!
gravy

Postby jowaldo on Thu May 27, 2004 8:18 pm

gravy wrote:
jowaldo wrote:nice :)

I sure did, J - mighty extensible skin you got goin on there! I absolutely love the PPC aspect to this. Expensive toy, but darn powerful with xlobby and girder!

Yeah it is! Xlobby can control quite a bit itself, then you combine that with massive support (plugins n' more) and following of girder, there are so many possiblities.

I've been messing a lot lately with x10 devices for lighting. Being able to press one button to switch to the movies section, turn on the projector, reciever, turn to all the correct inputs, and turn off or dim the lights, and ALL from the ppc... to stinkin cool
jowaldo

Postby Arthur on Thu May 27, 2004 8:57 pm

Well, the skin changed from very nice but hard to cusumize to very nice and very easy to customize (while keeping the same look)! It's almost too easy :D
Arthur
Arthur

Postby jowaldo on Thu May 27, 2004 9:02 pm

Arthur wrote:It's almost too easy :D
Arthur

Thanks for the complement... that was the whole goal of redoing it... and I got few new tricks up my sleeve that will be in the next release :)
jowaldo

Postby gravy on Thu May 27, 2004 10:27 pm

jowaldo wrote:
Arthur wrote:It's almost too easy :D
Arthur

Thanks for the complement... that was the whole goal of redoing it... and I got few new tricks up my sleeve that will be in the next release :)

Sounds GREAT! I like the x10 stuff Jowaldo. I just picked up that firecracker deal but don't have too many x10 units yet!
gravy

PreviousNext