Skin Packager

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Skin Packager

Postby Colby on Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:23 pm

Wouldnt it be cool if there was some sort of skin packager. A way skin engineers could package their skin so it could be installed from within the download tab of the setup menu.

Same for plugins, from plugin engineers.
Colby

Postby gamejester on Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:35 pm

That would be nice.
I was looking to package my skin in an MSI, so that I could do a lot of logical checks for things that might trip people up, also I am using a fair amount of custom script stuff that needs setting for different environments.

Perhaps we could all work on a standard template, and individual skin engineers plug there files into that; if we all used the same thing, either Wise or InstallShield.
gamejester

Postby mattdisaster on Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:56 pm

I brought this up a while back, meedio (dare I mention it) has their own skin single file type. It's something like .mps or something, and it works awesome if yourun the file it wil actually open up meedio and load that skin. I looked into it and it seems its just a .rar file renamed and its hardcoded into meedio to load (and install it) as a skin. If you can check it out, its pretty neat. And if I'm not mistaken this can all be made easier with the additon of an installer for xlobby. Since it would be able to associate the filetype with xlobby upon install. Let's keep this moving since it'll add a very very very nice touch to xlobby.

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby chadwolcott on Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:46 pm

I'd really like to see a where used function that would scan the buttons directory and cross-reference which screens a particular button was used, or more precisely which ones aren't used. I create a lot of images and don't always remember which ones I haven't used. It would help streamline the skinning
chadwolcott