Running Xlobby on Pocket PC

Help each other out

Running Xlobby on Pocket PC

Postby DaveM on Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:47 pm

I am completly new to Xlobby (2 days) and am making reasonable progress but a lot to learn. 2 Questions so far.

1) When I add the path to my jpg photos SETUP\BASIC\PICTURE PATHS\ADD then IMPORT the text says searching for changes but the bar graph never gets any further than about 1% and the photos are never found. What is wrong ?.

2) When trying to run xlobby2sd.exe on my pocket PC 2002 I get the message "Cannot find xlobby2sd or one of its components". I don't know if .net compact framework is installed or not. I downloaded it from Microsoft and tried to run it in the pocket PC but get the message "Microsoft . NET Compact Framework Developer is not a valid Pocket Pc APPLICATION" Your direct link to the download site does not seem to work.

So far though, a product I have long been waiting for Good Luck !

Dave M
DaveM

Postby noviceboy on Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:06 pm

Are using the Pre-release? Steven left his "test" databases in there so you are probably get some incorrect refresh. Start with the download in the official download area.

.NET is absolutley required on the PPC client - I think :wink:
noviceboy

Postby DaveM on Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:48 pm

I am using version 40.1.

Does anyone know the correct direct link to download .net compact framework ?
DaveM

Postby noviceboy on Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:54 pm

searching for changes..

When it says that it's because there is an existing pictures database - were all these things bydeafult are stored. delete it and re do the above. The pictures have never failed to load..

You can also try doing it via the database editor , see import tab.
noviceboy