new event: category set display

Got an idea, post it here

new event: category set display

Postby alaricljs on Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:05 pm

I'd really like for this event to be added. Similar to the way you can change what text is displayed by an item, I'd like to change what information is displayed in a category through an event.

Thanks
alaricljs

Postby gamejester on Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:43 am

alaricljs, see this post
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2415

The idea is a generic implementation of your request where you have the ability to set any field for the currently selected category item. Please add what you would use it for to my post so it gathers more weight.
gamejester

Postby alaricljs on Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:17 am

But that's not what this request is. I don't want to set fields within a DB associated with a category.

I want to set the Display: item inside a category (like within the skin editor) where you tell the category what items from the DB it is displaying, such as track number and track name, or artist and album names.

I'd like to change a category from displaying just artist, to albums (since my DB is Artist>Album)

I think what you're requesting would also be useful, but I'm not looking to modify the DBs from the interface yet.
alaricljs

Postby gamejester on Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:27 pm

OK, I understand your request now, another good idea, gets my vote, I was just trying to get my muic playlist to display either

albumn - tracck
track

and make it configurable by the user for different views.
gamejester

Postby alaricljs on Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:43 pm

:( seems that http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2415 doesn't support this like I had hoped it would.

So here I am pushing it again. Pretty please?
alaricljs

Postby gamejester on Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:39 pm

No, these 2 requests are very different.

Steven, what is required here is the ability to change the category view, the item in the skin editor Display:

I suggest an event Category:View
fields:
category Name
View

where,
view = %display% - %artist%
view = Artist = %artist% : Album = %album%

etc...
I have a number of screens where this ability would be useful based on different filters I am applying to the category.
gamejester

For video...

Postby kolemieux on Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:15 pm

I know I have this post all over the place - but is this what I want to do with displaying a video %playlist% ?? Can this not be done at all now?
kolemieux