Wannabe skin engineer!?

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Wannabe skin engineer!?

Postby Colby on Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:35 pm

So Ive been giving it some thought about skinning. I wanted to create another skin, but I really dont enjoy the layout or mechanics of skin building. I do however enjoy making custom buttons, and graphics, and themes for xlobby. And it is rather easy for me. So I was going to offer some help to someone who wants to be a skin engineer but lacks some artistic talent. I will create complete button sets, and graphics for the skin. (just let me know what you need) and then who-ever can build the skin and event code it and everything. I am not trying to teach skinnning here, though I and others can offer help. I am only trying to give people with a keen since of layout and organization some nice fresh graphics so they can have a skin to call their own.

If you are somebody who seriously wants to develop a skin, has great ideas bouncing around in your head already and would like my help with custom buttons, and graphics, then lets get together.

-Colby
Colby

Postby Aaron on Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:14 am

I'm not trying to steal any thunder here so no stones please...

Colby is a 100x better artist than I but I thought it would be appropriate to also offer the buttons/images/backgrounds/etc that I created for my NetRemote layout for people here to use. I think the buttons are nice and creative, but you don't need to agrre and I will not be hurt :wink:

I can get you the images if you want just let me know.
There are tons of them (much more then I have screen shots for)
All have two states... pressed and unpressed.
Most have two: regular and surrounding glow, some change color.
There are more shapes then you could ever want.

They are in photoshop format.

Here's some screen shots...

http://members.cox.net/alevey/netremote/netremote.htm
Aaron

Postby Colby on Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:12 am

Thanks Affini, I would like the psd's. Maybe we could make a button repository on a web so people can better create their own skin from any number of buttons.

The offer still stands for custom skin assistance.

mail me at:
mailto:Xlobby@incolby.com
Colby

Postby jsilva on Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:49 am

Hi affini that looks great could you send them to my email

mailto:jsilva1965@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks
jsilva

Need Skin Help

Postby Chuck on Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:17 pm

Colby,

So far I have liked your layout the best, and have done some mods for my own benifit. But I have forgotten how to skin altogether. I need to design one for 800x600 with grey tones and large letters. I am hooking up my HTPC via Svideo to a 27 inch TV. Blues and whites are washed out.

I completely forget how to do this and now half of my skin does not work for some reason. The weather buttons are all blank and things are screwey all over. Frustrating!

I would love to build one from your creativity, but I need to releard how to do it, and then for what I would consider the more difficult items (all the multi funciton Music and Picture pages) i would have to beg borrow and steal from others (with credits where do of course).

Thanks
Chuck
Chuck