Full WinCE client

Got an idea, post it here

Full WinCE client

Postby Aaron on Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:28 am

Steven,
I really do hate to ask for this.... I was hoping the sd client was going to work but it seems that the screen refreshed and communications are slowing things down too much to have a wireless CE device with XL the way it is today.

What are the chances that you could create a full client for WinCE devices?
Aaron

Postby stevenhanna6 on Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:21 am

I decided a while ago that the thin client approach was the best way to do it. Made things more simple for me not having to code 2 completely seperate apps. In the very beginning the xlobby client was a full client, and their are ALOT of shortfalls doing it this way.

So no there is no chance of me going back to making a full client. I'm just being realistic and I'm not even going to say "maybe".

I've really tried to max out the client speed on several occasions and I'm convinced that if after playing with the resolution and quality settings your still not happy with speeds....it comes down to hardware....802.11g would help of course and a faster client cpu.
stevenhanna6

Postby lar282 on Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:13 am

Is there any documentation about the ce client? what the options are and how to set them?

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Naylia on Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:58 pm

Check out the help section up top. There's one about setting up the client and one about using hard buttons on a pocketpc.
Naylia