Sad day now for Xlobby...Hopefully I'm wrong...

Speak your mind

Sad day now for Xlobby...Hopefully I'm wrong...

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:52 pm

Most likely this will get deleted.

What happened to a post that Myth did today? If anyone else saw it, you'll know what I'm talking about. Actually it was an old post and he ended up quoting something that Steven said.

I mean, policing the forums are worth it and totally understandable for vugar/disrespectful posts, but this just steps on freedom of speech as there was nothing vugar or disrespectful in how Myth presented it. Personally, Myth touched/found something that again is rather ironic to the whole situation of Xlobby, and instead of openly discussing it, the post was deleted.

What a shame if this is what it is coming down to. I mean, poeple were always aloud to speak their minds here as long as they respected each other, which it was in total disrespect to take that post down...especially over a quote. What a sad day. :(
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:58 pm

It was deleted???

OMG... if that is indeed the case we r going into wrong path...

but are we sure myth didnt deleted it by himself?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:13 pm

Even if he did, that's too bad. It was interesting to see how vision's change over time. If I could remember the original post, I'd bring it to the forefront, it was that interesting. Oh well, life goes on.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:47 pm

I dont know... i didnt consider that post to have much value... because the matter was already discussed... I think Steven did it with style. I personally prefer people who can change their mind. Also if somebody had something to say about it, would have be better made right then and there.

But then again myth prolly wasnt present at the time, but that ofcourse is only his own fault. Who knows mayby he found the discussion and decided to delete his own post.

But on the other hand if it was deleted by censors... that was extremely lame thing to do.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:56 am

True, I see your point. I hope it wasn't the censor police.
Marbles_00

Postby Myth on Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:08 am

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:... but are we sure myth didnt deleted it by himself?

No, I didnt delete it myself. Steven sent me an email saying he was deleting it because
"I had to remove your post because I can't have multiple threads about the same topic, thanks."
, after asking me to read the post at http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5444

I will not comment on either post as it may be seen as having multiple threads, in either case I can not find the original post. Not sure why as I found it quite easily the other day?
Myth
Myth

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:26 am

Ok... now i think i better create alias acount "L35b0Lhama" cause its starting to sound like "P3rv3rt B3ar" might enjoy much of penalty box time in future... :lol:
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Vaporware on Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:30 am

Well I thought bringing up a 2003(4) "free forever" post was a mistake. For starters it was 'free' while Steve was in control and was doing it for mostly free. Now Steve is not the sole person in control so the 'rules' have changed. I dealt for years with a company that had the same monthly rate and they stated it would never raise. Well the rate did not change until the company got bought out and then the rate more than doubled. I view the current situation with Steve exactly the same way. He is now getting paid by another source that has to make money so in turn they can pay Steve. Steve has bills to pay like the rest of us and I am sure those bills (gas bill anyone) is rising more than anyone would have guessed. Steve has done great work and I am sure he is not out to screw us so lets give him a break..
Later, Tom :)
Vaporware

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:20 am

Money aside, the fact is, should the post have been deleted? Who cares about the money portion. Steven's going to do what he wants to do...and this post is not to question that. All that I was questioning was as to what was the motives for that particular posts removal. Myth answered, since it would appear to be his post in question. Interpret his response the way you want to.
Marbles_00

Postby Vaporware on Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:05 pm

When I started reading the thread with the deleted post (before it got deleted) I thought it was a current thread. I was puzzling since all the things in the thread had been discussed before so I was wondering why it was being rehashed. It was only till I got to the end of page 2 where I seen Myth's post did I really see that it was a really old thread that had gotten dug up and happened to be in the same month and date frame but a few years old. At the time I was going to respond stating 'dirty pool' since it was such an old dug up post but I did not have the time. When I did have the time the thread was gone. I would tend to agree with Steven with removing the thread since it was confusing and had been discussed more recently in a thread with close to the same subject line. What was the purpose of the post anyways.. Starting a 'flame war' over the fact that Steven changed his mind due to changing circumstances. I guess Myth has never had to change a decision years after the fact. Perhaps if everyone had donated $$ that used Xlobby then Steven would not have had to go this route but whats done is done. I for one think it is breathing new life into Xlobby which was not happening before and maybe Xlobby will be a better product now. The focus now should be on how to improve Xlobby and how it should be priced not on digging up 4 year old dirt.
Vaporware

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:30 pm

I deleted the thread because it was over 3 years old and Myth's was calling me out about breaking my word on keeping xlobby freeware forever. I have never disputed this fact, but I can't have a bunch of threads about this when I thought I explained why I broke this promise in the thread I emailed Myth. If people want to talk about it, put it into some context by posting on the thread I posted a couple weeks ago...not one I made over 3 years ago.

Myth can correct me but I think his entire post was "uhmmmmmmm" while quoting me saying "xlobby will be freeware forever". I thought I responded correctly, I actually wanted to lock the thread and delete the post. But I did everything to quickly and deleted the thread, either way I would have locked the 3 year old thread. All and all I didn't really understand what the point of his post was, maybe Myth can elaborate was he wanted to accomplish. I mean was there a question or something I missed? Thats why I emailed him and asked him to post in the other thread.

Can people understand where I'm comming from doing this? pretend your in my shoes, what would you have done differently? I don't want to come off as someone trampling on freedom of speech, I apologize to Myth and anyone else if they get that impression from me.

Here is my full email to myth
I saw your post on the forum about me breaking my word about xlobby
being freeware forever, did you see this post?

http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5444

Please read my post and then reply in that thread above if you have an
opinion on what is going on. I had to remove your post because I can't
have multiple threads about the same topic, thanks
stevenhanna6

Postby lpg on Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:43 pm

I know people are sensitive about this but come on it is time to move on. Steven came to us and asked our opinion on what to do. He could no longer keep it going in it's current form. Many replied to turn it into a product. Some even said the best bet is to hook up with someone on the hardware side. Steven then came out an laid it all out for comment even the "xLobby will be free forever". A noble quest but very difficult to do in the long run.

As for Censoring There are other concerns out there that have not been censored and if they wanted to Wes and Steven could have pulled the posts. We are all anxiously waiting to see the next stage of xLobby and the pricing. We need to let Steven finish the work instead of waisting his time worring about old threads.

Steven, thanks for being so open. Others please stop the conspiracy theories. There arn't any.

Larry
lpg

Postby jowaldo on Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:52 pm

I think steven cleared this up pretty good.. but just FYI the ONLY threads I have ever deleted are when someone/bot is spamming the board.
jowaldo

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:06 pm

He did clear it up, and as I've stated POSTING THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT STEVEN DECIDED TO GO ONE ROUTE OR THE OTHER! I just don't agree a whole entire post should have been deleted because of one person quoting another...three years or newer, unless it was racially/vugar..yada..yada in nature, then that is a completely different matter. Indicate that the topic can be taken up here or there and then lock it...sure, but delete the whole thing? Who knows, there may have been some information in that post that may have been of importance to individuals...other than the quote.

Each to there own.

As for conspiracies, Roswell and Area51 are true, how else can I explain the little aliens in my skin...
Marbles_00

Postby cmhardwick on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:39 pm

If you re-read Steven's post, the DELETION part was a mistake. He meant to delete the POST and lock the thread, but accidentally deleted the thread.
I actually wanted to lock the thread and delete the post. But I did everything to quickly and deleted the thread, either way I would have locked the 3 year old thread.
cmhardwick

Next