internal mediaplayer and iso, img

V3 help and support questions

Re: internal mediaplayer and iso, img

Postby lar282 on Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:50 pm

my 2 cents.

to keep it simple for installers and users!, I would not use dshow to mount. I would:
* Use same routine as for the "old" player and same screen in F2 but with an addition, internal player. this way it all comes together and one can easily see what is configured.
* We all know that daemon tools work and if a new routine is intruduced, the code gets more complex and new bugs must be corrected.
* If the same routine is used, on can easily switch between internal and external player. If the same F2 page is used.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby CiXel on Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:32 pm

wesblack wrote:Quote from Steven "they are right the mounting routine was broken when we switched to the internal player....I haven't looked at it in a while but we can definitely fix it to work with deamon tools again....I'm not sure about having it play a img/iso file directly without deamon tools, I would have to look into that to see if there was a direct show player that can do that."

As far as I know, there isn't a DirectShow filter that allows playing video content directly from an ISO image, however there is:
LibCDIO
http://www.gnu.org/software/libcdio/

Which can bypass the OS making ISO or Image just another fileformat that can be opened and read.
CiXel

Postby lar282 on Thu May 01, 2008 7:39 pm

wesblack wrote:Quote from Steven "they are right the mounting routine was broken when we switched to the internal player....I haven't looked at it in a while but we can definitely fix it to work with deamon tools again....I'm not sure about having it play a img/iso file directly without deamon tools, I would have to look into that to see if there was a direct show player that can do that."

Wes Black \ Calrad

Steven have u decided which way to go?

//Lasse
lar282

Postby CiXel on Thu May 01, 2008 8:40 pm

Here's another thing to consider...
If we use continue to use Daemon tools, every dvd opened played is referred to as VIDEO_TS making it difficult to setup a 'resume from last position' for each individual file no?
CiXel

Postby lar282 on Tue May 06, 2008 8:37 am

Any updates?

//Lasse
lar282

Previous