SUCCESS with X10 Lola remote & xlobby!

Help each other out

SUCCESS with X10 Lola remote & xlobby!

Postby archerkit on Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:08 pm

Hi all. I recently got one of the cheapie X10 deals, less than $6.00 for an RF/IR remote. (found at FatWallet) The X10 interface, as expected, was ugly and unsophisticated.

Several folks reccomended Girder, and while powerful it seems more like plumbing than a nice-looking facuet. I wanted both! So I stumbled upon xlobby, and using Bill Mandra's atixlobby plugin, it seems to be a go! I'm also using 40.2 pre11, and jowaldo's excellent skin.

I haven't configured anything yet, but the cursor button works on the remote, so I think I'm in business.

Basically the X10 remote is a rebadged ATI Remote Wonder. (in fact, I think X10 makes the ATI Remote). The trick is to install both the X10 drivers AND the ATI 1.4 software. The X10 drivers are available here: X10 FTP link for x10drivers.exe.

If all goes well, I'll gladly donate to this project! Thanks to all involved! The only thing is now I have to spend an enormous amount of time re-ripping all of my CDs. Migrating to FLAC via EAC, and doing tags/art with Tag & Rename. :D
archerkit