Parallel Port Control Software that works with XLobby events

Speak your mind

Parallel Port Control Software that works with XLobby events

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:50 pm

Just wondering if anyone has heard of any software that can control the parallel port which could be used to set up via Xlobby events. What I want to do is use Xlobby to control three actuator pots to control volume in three different zones for a DIY multi-channel amp. Making the circuit is easy, as right now I am not concerned about getting feedback as to where the actuators are positioned. Finding some software that Xlobby will interface with is proving to be difficult. I've tried a few DOS command line software (works fine independently), but had problems when setting up events to utilize them in Xlobby, not to mention DOS based parallel port control is hit and miss in WINNT enviroments (Win2k, XP). I've also tried a couple of Windows based software, but not convinced that it will work in the Xlobby enviroment. I guess there's Homeseer, but I don't own Homeseer so it won't work for me (unless the software is freeware on the internet - I haven't looked).

Damn I wish I knew how to program as I think it would be trivial for a programmer to slap something basic together....I guess this would be a good time to learn.

Thanks in advance.

David
Marbles_00

Postby milanp on Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:24 pm

There's a parallel port plugin for girder 3.x.
Maybe you should try to read about it on girder forums.
milanp

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:44 am

Thanks milanp. I downloaded the Lau Port IO plugin and dug deep into the forum to find some sample scripts. I am now "talking" to the individual ports (turning on some LED's). This should work nicely.

Thanks again.
Marbles_00

Postby ThE ScReW on Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:30 pm

i haVE ALSO SUCH A SIMPLE PROGRAM THAT DO THE JOB WITH JUST ONE LINE OF EVENT IN THE EVENT MANAGER
ThE ScReW