DVD Profiler to Xlobby Import Utility

Xlobby plugin development

Re: DVD Profiler to Xlobby Import Utility

Postby thekochs on Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:42 pm

sharp_1 wrote:
thekochs wrote:Pardon the dumb question but I'm at work and not in front of my HTPC...how/where do you REFRESH database instead of import ?

Maybe this will help:
Add a refresh command to a new DB refresh event making sure to add movies as the category you want to refresh.

Ahh.....then add a button in XL screen to kick off this event or is there a better way for when XL starts up to run this refresh event ? I thought there might be a REFRESH button in F2 of XL...since I had never seen this it is why I asked. I'm also as you can see getting my feet wet on events....seems straight forward just not alot of experience yet. Little tid-bits like this as you know saves alot of experimentation/time.
thekochs

Postby sharp_1 on Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:56 pm

is there a better way for when XL starts up to run this refresh event ?

I would just create a button for refreshing your movie DB somewhere on your movie screen...or you can create a new screen for administration type of commands like Baddabings skins do.
sharp_1

Postby cmhardwick on Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:13 am

there is a REFRESH button under F2/Databases ... right next to EDIT :D

sharp_1, I've emailed the install I had for this utility.
cmhardwick

Postby sharp_1 on Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:31 pm

Hey Cicero:

I just loaded one on your versions and got the same type of failer. I did notice now that when setting up both versions of the dxc utility I get an error saying that the collection.xml is not correct...any ideas?

Can you check yours to see if it still works with a fresh collection.xml export from DVD Pro 3.x?

Thanks - sharp_1

EDIT:
SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUE IS HERE: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3766&p=42385#p42385
Last edited by sharp_1 on Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sharp_1

Postby cmhardwick on Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:52 pm

not correct? wonder what that means. I'll have to install it again. I really never used it. also have to find a "un-rar" program again ;)
cmhardwick

Postby sharp_1 on Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:09 pm

cmhardwick wrote:not correct? wonder what that means. I'll have to install it again. I really never used it. also have to find a "un-rar" program again ;)

I have one thats zipped on my help pages at http://xlobby.help.googlepages.com/dvdprofiler

Thanks for looking into this!!
sharp_1

Postby thekochs on Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:01 pm

sharp_1 wrote:
cmhardwick wrote:not correct? wonder what that means. I'll have to install it again. I really never used it. also have to find a "un-rar" program again ;)

I have one thats zipped on my help pages at http://xlobby.help.googlepages.com/dvdprofiler

I'll try this weekend as well.
thekochs

Postby Russell on Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:33 pm

sharp_1 wrote:

You might be using an old version.

He had a version that was for 2.4. I remember emailing to him about making it for version 3. Check the jovial dvdprofiler tool thread, you will see where he made a new version.
Russell

Postby Russell on Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:34 pm

I had jovial's program working, but I was having a problem with keeping the prarameters. Read some of the earlier pages and you will see.
Russell

Postby sharp_1 on Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:09 pm

Russell wrote:
sharp_1 wrote:He had a version that was for 2.4. I remember emailing to him about making it for version 3. Check the jovial dvdprofiler tool thread, you will see where he made a new version.

Yeah, I had the utility working with DVDpro3.x then it stopped. Have you had the lastest dxc version working with DVDpro3??
sharp_1

Postby thekochs on Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:56 pm

Not to cross polinate threads but here......options this util, Tom's Cinematic Viewer, or import into XL 7.x and then just move movies.xml to XL FREE.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5814&start=15
thekochs

Postby sharp_1 on Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:27 am

Tell me if I am way out of line here but isn't the intent of trying to get the DVDpro3.x/xLobby utility to work so that the freeware version of xLobby will work on its own. I think what we are trying to do is have a solution for those who maybe can't afford to have the full version when released or when current pre7 version expires. This will be an important part of xlobby-freeware in the future and we need to try and make it work on its own without pre7's help or say goodbye to the freeware users out there or maybe ANT will be the only way!!
sharp_1

Postby cmhardwick on Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:48 am

exactly sharp, but since I have the other version, I haven't been using this import or the import/convert via Tom Gaines software. Still experimenting with that though. I'm going to do some testing with different ways this weekend and I'll post results here :)
cmhardwick

Postby cmhardwick on Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:11 am

jovial's import works for me from a collection.xml file, no problem. It is a 3.0 xml, just recently exported.
cmhardwick

Postby sharp_1 on Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:49 pm

I got the utility to work again. I hate it when its something so simple...I deleted the dxc2.ini and confirmed the setup was what I wanted and ran it again (new .ini file is created automatically)...it works!!!

Something must have gotten into my .ini and corrupted the file, the only thing I can think of was that I was playing with the note field trying to use it as a path for my online movies. I guess that didn't work.
sharp_1

PreviousNext