Static skin - Updated May 2 www

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby dusk on Mon May 02, 2005 12:39 pm

I've just finished some updates and changes so make things run a bit better - grab the zip file up the top! I've also added a separate radio player (accessed from the music page..).

Just as a quick teaser, I'm nearly done with a blue version of the skin... :wink: I'll have a working version ready to go on here soon!

dusk

Postby Phatboy on Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:49 am

dusk wrote:
Azazelkmm wrote:Also all of the buttons in the players show letters such as A,B,C instead of the play symbol, search and so on

No problems - the skin uses the Automaton and Colby's xlobbydings fonts - they're both in the zip file (or here), so you'll just need to copy them to C:\Windows\Fonts.

Hi Dusk, I love the skin but I'm having having many problems using it (I'm a nu-bee, I'll admit). One big problem is that I also am getting the letters and the link you provide seems broken (still?). I got Colby's skin, but I cannot find where he is keeping his fonts. Please help. Thanks.

Also, an unrelated question: A number of my CDs have the correct cover art and ablum title in one place (under various artists) and the correct meta-data but with no art in another (where you would expect them)--but MOST (say, 80-85%) of the CDs' data and art match up fine. What gives? Any ideas? Thanks.
Phatboy

Postby dusk on Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:56 am

Try this link... open it and drag the font files into c:\windows\fonts and they'll be installed.

As for the cover art problem, my feeling is that it *may* be the import method that you're using. Try changing the "Views" option in the Database Import screen (go to databases, then import, then select "music" from the template list, and then select "music" from the "import to db" list), and then import your music again.

You might need to delete your music database and reimport it for this to work.

I generally pick "use directory structure" because of the way I have my music sorted.

Hope this helps!

Ben
dusk

Postby Phatboy on Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:17 pm

Thanks Dusk, that link did it. As far as the file structure, it will need some tinkering, maybe... it is just so frusterating b/c XL is so beautiful I just wanna go out and use it but there are a lot of holes. Not that I am blaming anyone, it's super project and I think that it's great that people are willing to work on it and provide it for :!: free :!: , but I just hope my OWN computer skills are up to the task!

I'll likely be back with more questions, thanks all for answering them.
Phatboy

Can't get Visualization to WORK!

Postby spudgun on Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:14 pm

Dusk,

Excellent Skin - definitely one of my faves, especially Zoomplayer integration.

However, I can't get the milkdrop viz to work with your skin! I can get mildrop to work with Foobar and I've put all dll's in correct place. But when I go to the player on your skin, it shows the now/next albums but no viz!

I've tried to follow the instructions in:http://france.xlobby.com/milkdrop.htm but I'm stuck on the instructions for invisible buttons & Assigning an event to the buttons (bottom of page)

Any Help will be appreciated!
spudgun

Postby C-moi on Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:39 pm

Hello
the invisible button is a button you can add to exit the mildrop screen : people use milkdrop for plasma tv and if you put a normal button (to exit the milkdrop screen) a long time, sometimes, there is an incrustation in the screen (static vues during a long time is not recommanded with such TV)
Excuse my bad english
C-moi

Postby spudgun on Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:59 am

Sorry folks, think I'm a bit stupid, either that or this learning curve is almost vertical!!!

I still can't get it! - I canot for the life of me get the milkdrop visualisation to work with foobar and Dusk's skin.

I've followed the instructions on the french website (English only I'm afraid!) up to a point but I'm stuck!
(Also this link: http://france.xlobby.com/foobar/xlobbyfoobar.rar does not work - does anyone have these files to post?)

I desperately wish to use STATIC skin as my main skin with the viz.

Can anyone help be talking me through step-by-step how to do this?

Dusk - any help with your excellent skin???

Thanks
spudgun

Postby C-moi on Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:17 am

C-moi

Postby dusk on Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:47 am

Sorry fella, haven't been checking back here for a bit. I'm in the process of rebuilding my htpc but i'll try to get a bit more detailed how-to on here shortly.

BTW - I've moved on to another style for my skin (based on the viz screen style).. will post screenshots when I can.

Ben
dusk

Postby spudgun on Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:16 am

C-Moi, Dusk,

Thanks Guys!

I downloaded the files, wiped Xlobby, reinstalled it & foobar & followed the instructions to the L.E.T.T.E.R!

It worked!!!!

Now I can have visualisations with Dusk's gorgeous skin!

I think I read the instructions incorrectly and misplace a vital file!

Oh, Dusk, any chance of PPC screens??

Thanks
spudgun

Postby Phatboy on Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:36 am

Hi Dusk or anyone else,

I am trying to use the static skin but I cannot get the movie player buttons to work with TT. I know that it is set up for Zoomplayer, but I have TT working in general--if I select a movie from the Static/XL list it opens and plays in TT just fine--but I cannot, say skip a track or stop with the movie controler buttons. What am I supposed to do!?!

Thanks (I'll also post my question in one of the TT forums, maybe this is a TT problem and not a Static problem, per se).
Phatboy

Postby dusk on Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:50 pm

@spudgun
- Unfortunately, I had to retire my PPC about 6 months ago so its a bit tricky to test ppc screens. I did start them originally but they went the same way as the PPC :(

@Phatboy
- The commands to control the video player are set up for ZP, so you'll need to change them to get TT to work. Colby's put together a nice list of commands for TT so it should be easy enough to change them over - http://www.xlobby.incolby.com/SkinningXlobbya40.2.htm#_Message_Events.

Cheers,
Ben
dusk

Re: Static skin - Updated May 2 www

Postby bmblank on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:48 pm

Hey, it's been a while since anybody has been on this one, but I'm bored at work, so I'm perusing through the skins. It looks good. As for the PPC screens, you say they've gone the way of your PPC, but are there still remnants in the zip files? At least skeletons that I might be able to get up and goin? I downloaded it and I'm lookin forward to playin around with other skins. I hope yours isn't over my head. Looks good though.
bmblank

Previous