Schedule and record with ALOT of cards www

Xlobby plugin development

Schedule and record with ALOT of cards www

Postby lar282 on Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:32 pm

#

##
If anybody is interested here is a TV schedule and record plugin for Xlobby. works for analog cards
###

Hi
If anybody is interested here is a TV schedule and record plugin for Xlobby.

Plugin can do:
* Schedule a recording from xlobbys epg ONCE,DAILY or WEEKLY
* Plugin can "goto now" in EPG. (the EPG must have an ID of 666 and u must pass the xml filename as an argument to the command. Example tvguide.xml)
* Delete a schedule
* cleanup old schedules
* screen and database for scheduled shows
* screen and database for recorded tv shows
* Record Now function
* Stop Record Now
* Map EPG channel names to channels in ini file
* Show if a reccording is in progress with a image
* Xlobby does not need to be running for the recording to take place after the schedule is added.
* DabDig compatible isntead of GBRecord. Just change the ini file. More instructions in the ini file. For compatible tv apps with Dabdig, see,
http://www.spidersweb.freeserve.co.uk/d ... chordab001

Plugin cannot do:
* record at all!!! GbRecord or Dabdig takes care of this
* Check if a schedule confilict with other.

I use Chris TV for Viewing TV(with XmoveWindows) but this can be eassily changed in the skin. The GBRecord is a NON GUI recording app so there is no tv starting or anything when the record starts.
I use and included in the zip, Stevens pre release of his skin, but I also cut out the plugin screens in a sep directory.all in readme.txt

Command List:
RecordNow
StopRecordNow
ScheduleSelected (record once)
Scheduledaily
Scheduleweekly
DeleteSelected: (pass schedule file as variable that u wanna delete)
Cleanup_old_schedules
EPG_Goto_Now: (pass xml file name to plugin command)

Plugin status:
Image (this will show if a recordning is in progress or not)
statusSchedule (this will give status message for scheduling and goto now in epg)
StatusTV

zip and readme in zip at
http://hem.passagen.se/lar282/xschedule/

Download GBRecord from
http://www.gbpvr.com/GBRecord92.zip

Remember to NAME your EPG xml to tvguide.xml

screenshots at
http://hem.passagen.se/lar282/xschedule/screenshots/

EDIT:The plugin does not use Schtasks.exe anymore. Also it is now compatible with DabDig. EPG goto current time now works.Check ini file for instruction.:EDIT

//Lasse
Last edited by lar282 on Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:13 am, edited 13 times in total.
lar282

Help

Postby JLF on Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:29 pm

lar282

This looks like what I have been waiting for. I do not really want to watch live TV on my XL box. I just want to record and playback. However, I can not get this plugin configured. Do you have a list of steps to setup the plugin and database?

Thanks for the hard work!!
JLF
JLF

Postby lar282 on Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:11 am

did u read the txt file?
2 databases
1:st one is recorded TV wich u add your Path to the recorded show in F2 Xlobby
2:nd is scheduled TV wich u do the same in Xlobby and put the same dir in the INI file that is located in the Xlooby dir.

tell me more what u have done and show me your ini file. That controls everything.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby JLF on Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:44 pm

OK. Here is what I have done so far:
1) Followed the steps in the Readme file.
2) F2 --> Database tab --> Import tab. Added Path to RecordedTV to C:\Documents and Settings\Video\My Documents\TV using the RecordedTV template.
3) F2 --> Database tab --> Import tab. Added Path to ScheduledTV to C:\Documents and Settings\Video\My Documents\TV\ScheduledTV using the ScheduledTV template.
4) Set up the schedule_TV.ini to the following (which I am sure is not correct):
[SCHEDULE_CONFIG]
SCHEDULEPATH=C:\Documents and Settings\Video\My Documents\TV\ScheduledTV
RECORDPATH=C:\Documents and Settings\Video\My Documents\TV
RECORDAPP=C:\WinTvCap\WinTvCap.exe
RECORDNOWPARAMETER=-startr: C:\Documents and Settings\Video\My Documents\TV\manual.mpg -c254 -quality:DVD
RECORDAPPPARAMETER=default
STOPRECORDAPPPARAMETER=-mOff
CAPCHANNEL=pxxx
USERID=system
USERPASSWORD=
5) Added Presets to the WinTVCap.ini file (example: NBC4 = 4) as well as other changes for my setup.

Aside from the issue with the schedule_TV.ini, where does the data for the EPG come from? What format is it in? I have downloaded an xml file using xmltv, which I know is giving me the correct data for my service provider in the US.

Just so you know, I am using a PVR 250 with Cable TV as my as my video source I am not using the S-video or composite inputs.

Could really use your advice,
JLF
JLF

Postby lar282 on Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:02 am

1/just to make sure I didn't mess up the code. Move the sched and recordedtv folders to a short name path exapmle c:\recordedtv. Maybe I messed up the "" in the code

2/ wintvcap has a log.try to manually start a recording and make sure that works.

3/ do u get a error when adding a schedule? if not it should create a textfile for every schedule in the scheduletv folder.

4/ what language do u run windows xp on? I tested it with English and Swedish. The scheduler needs the correct format of time thats why I asked. Try to set the langaule and timeformat to English and see if that helps. u do it in the controlpanel--regional settings.

5/ the schedule plugin works with the schtasks.exe so u can see if it created a task by opening cms.exe and typing schtasks.exe

the info for the scheduler comes from the EPG so if there is no epg info it cannot create a schedule.

does this info help? Let me know

PS:the plugin only works on Windows XP:DS

//Lasse
lar282

Postby JLF on Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:05 pm

Thanks for the help. I am running Windows 2000. I guess I will look for another solution unless you have a patch to run under Win 2K.

Thanks,
JLF
JLF

Postby lar282 on Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:21 pm

JLF wrote:Thanks for the help. I am running Windows 2000. I guess I will look for another solution unless you have a patch to run under Win 2K.

Thanks,
JLF

search the net for schtasks.exe and windows 2000. Heard rumor that u can hack your way around that. if u get schtasks to work then youre set

EDIT:Found the link:
http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/Art ... 25186.html
//Lasse
lar282

Postby JLF on Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:49 pm

Ok, let me give you a status update.
1) I had to make a change in the file "guide.xml" to get the epg to show up. I changed the <imagename> in <eventid> "TV and schedule shows:overlay on select" from "TVGuide" to "xmltv". Before I made the change, the program listings did not show up. The bottom three quarters of the page was blank. Let me know if it was a bug or if I really screwed up.
3) The hex edit for schtasks.exe worked. Thanks! I am able to schedule programs to record.
4) Still having problems with WinTvCap and my setup, but I will figure it out.
A couple of things to think about: Some navigation buttons on the EPG page are needed to move around to different times and channels. Maybe some long thin ones to the right and bottom. Also, If you went down to 10 channels instead of 12 and increased the font size to 16-18 point, it would be much easier to read on a TV screen.

Again, Thanks for all the help,
JLF
JLF

Postby lar282 on Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:44 am

plugin updated so it will only use GbRecord since all the features in Wintvcap exist in GBRecord as well, but GbRecord can handle ALOT of cards. First post edited. The plugin WILL convert EPG channels if they are spec in the ini file

for support around GbRecord see
http://www.shspvr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7680

//Lasse
lar282

Postby JLF on Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:34 pm

lar282,

To answer your first question, I am not using DS10's middleware. I do not see a need since yours does everything that it needs to for this plugin. I am going to help him test it since he put the time in and helped me so much.

As for features requests, it would be nice to have "Record Daily" and "Record Weekly" buttons on the epgoverlay screen. It can be done with SchTasks. Thats it. Ilove it. I recorded "Lost" last night and it did great.

If we could get Steven to refresh the EPG time and maybe drop it down to 10 lines of channels, all would be great.

JLF

Edit: By Record Daily and Record Weekly, I mean when you select a program in the EPG, there would be two additional buttons on the overlay that pops up. They would allow you to record the same time slot either every day or the same time slot every week. I hope that is more clear.

Also, I would be willing to write a users guide for your package. Just give me a list of all of the variables and I will write a users guide to installation, setup and use. Let me know.
JLF

Your wish is my command

Postby lar282 on Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:07 am

DONE:
Now u can record:
ONCE
DAILY
WEEKLY

try it out and let me know.I updated the screens in the big zip file.Added one new one and updated the eventgroups with the new commands.remember u cannot schedule a recording on the same timeslot twice.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby JLF on Sun May 01, 2005 9:01 pm

I just ran some test on putting this setup into a different skin. I found that you need to include the 8 xepg*.png files in the button folder of your “copy to Your_skin” folder. Not all skins include them, and it will cause the epg to crash without them.

Also, I think you need to include the “/D” switch, along with the day of the week, to the Record Weekly command. Otherwise it sets the day of the week to Monday regardless of what day it is. Example: schtasks.exe /create /sc WEEKLY /D tue /sd 05/01/2005 /st 18:00:00 /tn "5 1 200518 00" /ru system /rp /tr "C:\GBRecord\GBRecord.exe -startr:C:\MyVideos\5_WTTGThe_Simpsons5_1_200518_00.mpg -p5 -minutes:30"
JLF

Postby lar282 on Sun May 01, 2005 9:31 pm

JLF wrote:I just ran some test on putting this setup into a different skin. I found that you need to include the 8 xepg*.png files in the button folder of your “copy to Your_skin” folder. Not all skins include them, and it will cause the epg to crash without them.

Also, I think you need to include the “/D” switch, along with the day of the week, to the Record Weekly command. Otherwise it sets the day of the week to Monday regardless of what day it is. Example: schtasks.exe /create /sc WEEKLY /D tue /sd 05/01/2005 /st 18:00:00 /tn "5 1 200518 00" /ru system /rp /tr "C:\GBRecord\GBRecord.exe -startr:C:\MyVideos\5_WTTGThe_Simpsons5_1_200518_00.mpg -p5 -minutes:30"

hmm, wierd about the xep* png files.didn't know I used them in guide.xml !!!Will check it out tomorrow.

thanks for the heads up about the /D switch.will fix it.

regards

//Lasse
lar282

Programming help

Postby lar282 on Mon May 02, 2005 6:37 am

Damn I think I need help here...

If the language on the computer is NOT English the day from the EPg will be localized, say MÅNDAG instead of MONDAY. Schtasks.exe will always take english as an argument and I truly do not know how to convert loc days into english dates?

Maybe anybody here can help me out?

string startdayofweek=epg.GetStartTime().ToString("ddd");

//Lasse
lar282

Postby badubo on Mon May 02, 2005 7:24 am

never tested but you can try something like :

DateTimeFormatInfo format = new CultureInfo( "en-US", false ).DateTimeFormat;

string startdayofweek=epg.GetStartTime().ToString("ddd",format);
badubo

Next