dual widescreen help plz!!!

Help each other out

dual widescreen help plz!!!

Postby gfunk2k on Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:43 pm

first of all im new at xlobby
ok hear we go... i had a old gforce fx5200 graphic card with vag, s-video and dvi output. im using a standard size touch screen monitor witch runs xlobby and then a projector witch is the second screen that plays the dvds. if i used the s-video i could get windows in widescreen and also the dvds play in full widescreen but if i used dvi windows would stay in the 4.3 picture and there was no way i could get that to 16.9 so today i bought a geforce 6 series 6200 graphic card with hd output. this runs windows in hd and in 16.9 hura! but................when i play dvds from xlobby on it its still 4.3 size what am i doing wrong?
i dont realy know anything about xlobby, i even dont know how to add a plugin
can somone please help as this is doing my head in
thanks people
gfunk2k

Re: dual widescreen help plz!!!

Postby gfunk2k on Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:47 pm

ok, ive sorted my problem by getting zoomplayer and now the films play in hd and widescreen but now jumps when playing and doesnt play smooth at all. do i need to change any setting, is my pc just to old and is there another program like zoomplayer?
thanks again
gfunk2k

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:15 pm

Lot's of times that is caused by a video card setting or the card is just to weak to make it happen. If you have a video card that's integrated into your motherboard that may certainly be the weakest link for you. Check with the manufacture of your video card to see if they recommend anything.
sharp_1

Postby gfunk2k on Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:03 pm

like i said in the other notes it worked fine in s-video (widescreen) and worked smoth in hd but was in 4:3 so i used zoomplayer and that put it to 16:9 in hd but was unstable. ive no unistalled the program but its still there in the background. im not having much luck!
gfunk2k

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:06 pm

like i said in the other notes it worked fine in s-video (widescreen)

Okay, the Gforce 5200 series card was only capable of 1024x768 resolution on the s-video output. I don't think it is capable of "true" widescreen resolutions...not that the card could not put out widescreen (according to the spec, it is DVD/HDTV capable up to 1920x1080i), but the physical output (s-video) is an analog output and not capable of performing true widescreen.

Here's some questions you should be asking yourself:
What resolution are you trying to run the DVI output of the 6200 series card at? Are you trying to output a progressive signal at a resolution that the card is just not capable of doing? Or is the resolution non-complient for widescreen? What is the rest of your system like (hardware/software)? Have you tried to play movies outside of Xlobby (just using Zoomplayer)? Have you tweaked any settings/timing using the nVidia display driver properties, or using some timing/tweaking software?
Marbles_00