Newbie, is Xlobby for me?

Speak your mind

Newbie, is Xlobby for me?

Postby seezar on Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:15 pm

My HTPC is a work in progress but I have it up and operational right now as a DVD player and PVR.

I use theatertek for DVDs and Sage 2.0 for watching TV and as a PVR. Both applications work fine but are clunky as far as interfacing everything together. My ultimate goal is to a get an interface setup that I can start with and have menus to chose the task I want to perform (e.g. DVD, TV....) So basically, I need a nice looking, customizable interface so I can change from theatertek to sage to foobar and so forth. I'd also like to be able to navigate exclusively through a remote (needs to be intuitive and easy to understand for the wife).

I have on order a USB-IRT and I also have girder. I'm currently using the Hauppauge remote that came with one of my PVR-250 cards to control Sage. I'm thinking of ordering another hometheater master mx-700 remotes as its the best remote I've ever used (mine previous one was lost in a fire).

Anyway, will Xlobby do what I'm looking for?
seezar

Postby Tracie on Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:41 pm

Yes, I think so. With the USB UIRT, you may be able to do what you want without Girder since Xlobby has built in support for it. I have the MX-500 (little brother to the MX-700) & between that & the UIRT, you shouldn't have a problem doing what you want to do.
Tracie