Skin: Cover, then List?

Help each other out

Skin: Cover, then List?

Postby a06lp on Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:30 pm

I am wondering if this is possible, and how to do it.

I have my TV database set-up and working (see here).
My basic setup is:
D:\TV\Series\Season\EpNum - EpName

For Exmaple:
D:\TV\Family Guy\Season 1\101 - Death Has A Shadow.rmvb
D:\TV\Family Guy\Season 4\421 - I Take Thee Quagmire.rmvb
D:\TV\Friends\Season 03\302 - The One Where No One's Ready.avi

What I want to do, is that when "TV" is selected on the main menu, it opens a screen which displays the TV shows I have with coverart (every Series has a jpg in its folder) - is has the category>layout>bottom 2 (5 columns).

After selecting a series (from the bottom2 layout), the Seasons should open in a list form (similar to nocover default; 1 column).

After selecting a series, the Episodes open, also in the list form (nocover default; 1 column)

How can I do this?
a06lp

Postby a06lp on Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:18 pm

over 75 views...
no one has an answer?
a06lp

Postby Colby on Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:37 pm

over 75 views...
no one has an answer?

Ok maybe I was wrong about you. It's comments like that, that make you real annoying. You only posted 2 days ago, for heavens sake.

I got an idea, why dont you answer someone elses problems for once and quit being so egocentric. This program is not only about your setup. You seem to be a real "needy" person. What have you given us?
Colby

Postby jowaldo on Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:14 am

Colby wrote:
over 75 views...
no one has an answer?

Ok maybe I was wrong about you. It's comments like that, that make you real annoying. You only posted 2 days ago, for heavens sake.

I got an idea, why dont you answer someone elses problems for once and quit being so egocentric. This program is not only about your setup. You seem to be a real "needy" person. What have you given us?

colby: no need to start a flameware here...
he's just anxious... no need to jump on him for that

nobody has answered prob because other people are wondering the answer too...

also I moved this to the "support" forum, where its a better fit.
jowaldo

Postby defrag on Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:39 am

LOL! 2 extremes of impatience!!! (Sorry colby we are not as big a forum as some - so I do understand)

Anyway considering that a category can only be set to one of the display formats then you would need 2 categories to acheive this, one for the covers and another for the episode list. A right royal pain to do as you probably would need a seperate category for each episode then (guessing). I have a halfway house solution that only displays in list format with the cover and description (plot) displaying on selection as you move around the list.

Series Level
Season Level
Episode Level
Episode Play

The skin is being reworked at the moment so ignore any graphic overlaps!!!!

Not what you wanted but still gives you some eye candy. This was done with one database using the Xant plugin. Beauty of using Xant and a seperate db is that you don't have to mess about too much with your directory structure and the category auto updates each time xlobby is started.
defrag

Postby a06lp on Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:51 am

Colby wrote:Ok maybe I was wrong about you. It's comments like that, that make you real annoying. You only posted 2 days ago, for heavens sake.

OUCH!

i seem to get way too excited. im sorry, once again. :oops:

Colby - I don't mean to offend you in any way. You've been most patient with me, and I don't want to ruin that.

As for what I've given back; I don't know much so I can't answer most of the questions on here. However, anyone who tries to just start using XLobby may find my Documentation Thread at least somewhat useful! I'm providing a step-by-step document of how I accomplished everything I did. That's not giving back?

@defrag: That looks awesome!
a06lp